V-Twin Forum banner

slow loading pages

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  guido 
#1 ·
I have a super fast cable modem on my computer and when visiting other sites and forums (bmw k1200LT, GL1800, etc.) the pages all load really fast. I then come to this site and it takes FOREVER for a page to load. Is this done un-purpose because the bike is SLOWER? I just don't have the patience to watch these pages load---guess I better look at other bikes.

#2 ·
Before you come here trying to start crap, try doing some reading before opening your trap.

Your immature comment about comparing a Web Page load to a motorcycle is uncalled for.

This current server host is about to get shitcanned within the next day or so. The server is being moved as we speak. **** doesnt happen overnight.

Grow up.

#5 ·
rickmyster said:
when visiting other sites and forums (bmw k1200LT, GL1800, etc.) the pages all load really fast.
Pretty much lets us know what he is

#7 ·
Golly Gee!

"I have a SUPER FAST cable modem."

Zooooooom !

"I have a SUPER FAST bike."

RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom !

Well my bet is he is consistent all the way through. In a fight he probably is SUPER FAST hittin the deck too.

Hey DickMeister, bet yer ole lady has something to say about yer SUPER FAST love life too. Eh you premature JackAss?

Here, you earned this weeks award...

http://www.silverraven.com/fy.htm

#10 ·
DPrice, As Founder/Administrator of this forum, why don't you hust delete these fuckin' morons postings and cancel thier membership? Hell, don't like our site, stay the **** out!:mad:

#11 ·
I would like to apologize to all I have offended with my rude post. I was just in a bad mood last night. I have ridden harleys for 15 years and love the bikes. These foroms are the greatest places to gain information on just about any motorcycle that a person could be interested in. I know these sites take alot of work to maintain--and with little or not recongnition. Just the fact that there are sites like this--amazes me. My comments were uncalled for---I hope members can overlook my stupidity. Also, whoever is responsible for these pages---great work--and to you---my apology.

#13 ·
Straydog said:
Some will be harder than others to convince that your apology is legit. Time will tell.

Personally, I think it was a good appology. Fact is, there is no way one can force a cyber appology. The guy could have come back flaming but chose to appologize instead.

I for one accept it and also would like to thank the guy for making it.

This forum has a lot of members that never post. It also has a tight knit group that supports this place and have seen the work that has gone into it.

**** happens and everyone has bad days. I say we write it off and take the appology at face value.

#14 ·
I, too, accept your apology.

I have been busting my balls for the past few days trying to get this damn thing moved. NOT an easy thing to do. And, add to that a new host that has good equipment but shitty customer service, its even more painful.

I had to rely on message posting THE ENTIRE DAY over at Vbulletin's support forums.

Hope everyone enjoys it. Still working on the gallery!

#15 ·
Good suggestions here. Let's give rick a chance. He went out of his way to even apologize on another thread. If rick is a troll, we'll find out soon enough. ;)

The man seems sincere. I've made an ass of myself MORE times than I care to admit. We all have! And we're thankful when others overlook our bad moments. Seems like there's a consensus to look at last night as a bad moment. Let's go on....

I'm buying the next round of beer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.