V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My name is Brian and I'm Cdn, living in SW Ontario in a town called Kincardine. Formerly an Industrial Millwright, I now do NDE, (inspection work) at Nuc Plants, hence my handle Candubrain. Candu being a short form for the Canadian Deuterium Nuclear Reactor design, and brain, since most people spell Brian wrong, my nickname has become "Brain"

My first bike was a 1976 Honda 750F, which I bought off a fellow that bought a Sportster. When I went to see the Honda, I fell in love with the HD. That bike was stolen after many years of enjoyment. Our first year of marriage, it was our only transportation, my wife would carry two bags of groceries in her arms and hang on with her legs. It was replaced with a 1984 Honda VF1000, too fast, but I used every bit of her. I then traded it on a 1986 883, which I had bored out to a 1200. Finances and a small family forced me to sell her back in 1991, with a vow, when my youngest turns 16, I will have a big HD bagger.

To my word, one week after my youngest's 16th birthday, (2yrs ago), I had a 1997 FLHTC sitting in the driveway. Man, it's great to be back in the saddle. This past summer, a couple of buds and myself did the Great Lakes Tour. Best roads I have every seen were State side, nice people, and helpful, I even enjoyed American beer, :).

This summer we are planning a ride through Upper NE States, catching the Cat at Bar Harbour Maine, and doing the Cabbot Trail in N.S., riding back through Quebec, if they are still part of Canada then.

Looking forward to chatting with all,
brian

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's a great site and I think you will enjoy it. :welcome:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Brain. Just kidding! I notice people spell it that way alot. Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts