V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BFFB
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trading bikes after the first of the year ,,,,i have se slip ons now with factory air filter,,,i will go to stage one on the new one,,,whats the difference between se and kirker slip ons in sound and performance???

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have kerker slip ons and the high flow kit and rejet on my 02 flht,runs great, I love the sound. I started getting backfires a while back, the cheap clamps came loose so I put the orginal harley clamps on with a lock nut, no problem since. I never did any before and after dyno test or any thing, but it seems faster than stock, but I also put them on at about 1000 miles so it was hardly broke in. If I crack it wide open and roll off quickly it will back fire. The pipes have a deep mellow rumbly type sound but will bark when opened up. I get 35 -40 mph. safe riding rickpoco

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the SE 2-piece performance pipes on my 2001 RoadKing Classic. Nice thing about these is that the baffle is removable and you can remove some (or all) of the fiberglass packing to improve the sound (louder) as you like. One thing to note.....the SE 2-piece performance pipes are Kerker pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts