V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 Deuce will be here in a few weeks, and im looking at getting some SE slip ons and the stage 1 EFI kit. I was wondering is it worth buying the slip ons, or am I better off saving my money and buying full exhaust next summer maybe. I have seen a couple of dyno charts for aftermarket exhaust, but nothing for the slip ons. Also, how much benefit does the stage 1 EFI kit actually add over just swaping the filter for a K&N type filter? I do know that I will have to have computer programed for these changes too.

Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
985 Posts
Greetings Keith,
I'm not a fan of slip on anything.....Another option would be to punch out your stock baffles for a slight more 'kick' for now, and go with aftermarket pipes/air/ECM reflash,PC111, or the HD tuner later when you have more time and funds to make a decision that you can live with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
new exhaust

I just went through this on my 02 FLHTCUI and am happy with results.

Purchased a White Brothers E-series 2-1 exhaust and heat shields ($500), SE Breather kit (140+tax), and Stage 1 remap ($190 with labor).

Installed the exhaust and breather kit then let the dealer do his remap.

Total cost - $850

Total labor - 5 hours of my time and 1.5 hours waiting for dealer to do map.

Save yourself some $ doing the work and get a good exhaust, not just slip-ons for decent power.

V&H propipe is also recommended for FI bikes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input! Maybe I will just live with stock exhaust until I have enough $$ to spend for something better than slip ons. Does anybody else have any input on slip ons vs pipes? Also, im still curious about the air filter thing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Most people say that changing the pipes vice slip-ons will give you more performance gains but for my money I went with the slip-ons and put the money elsewhere. I have a Y2K Ultra and opted to go without the few extra ponies the pipes would have given me. I have White Bros E -series slip-ons, Big Sucker filter and PC IIIr. Been expermenting with the baffles on the slip-ons and found that 10 baffles instead of the 12 helped in the decrease of popping on decel and in toning down the exhaust. Need to hear the tunes you know. Been keeping my eye out for a madified map for this set up for the PC but no luck.

·
Registered
584 Posts
So, slip ons aren't the way to go with a stock 88" engine. I have a 2002 Road King and want the Stage I Kit. I thought that full exhaust systems weren't worth putting on without modifying the engine. Can anyone clear this up? What are the benefits of total exhast exchange over slip-ons? Thanks in advance. J.T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts