V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 heritage springer and would like to put a stage 1 kit on it and slip on mufflers to get a little more sound and power. Harley has two types of slip ons for the FLSTSI, a Harley brand and a Screaming Eagle brand. Does anyone know the differences in these? Someone said the Harley slip ons are essentially the same as the stock mufflers, with changeable end caps being the only difference, but I'm not sure. thanks for sharing. Vic

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry can't give any advice on this, but I've the same question going on - hoping to order a Heritage Springer this week. Perhaps we can email experiences / views on the Springer.

Can anyone out there give advice on Vic's query - you'd be helping two guys for the price on one!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
bgorngvol said:
Someone said the Harley slip ons are essentially the same as the stock mufflers, with changeable end caps being the only difference
Sounds about right to me. Looks seems to be the only difference between these.

With the SE ones you will need a high flow air cleaner and ecm download.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I have the SE slipons on my 2000 Road King. These are the pipes that say for "race application only". I love the sound but the bike was starved for fuel at mid and high range. Adding the K&N filter just added to the problem until I got the PCIIIr last week. WOW! Pipes sound even better and the bike flys now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Frank,

I've been kicking around getting the PCIIIr for my bike, which is similar to yours. I have an '01 Road King, so it should have the same FI system as yours (I believe they changed them in '02). I have the Kerker slipons, which are pretty much the same as the SEs, but I pulled out some of the packing around the baffles (most of it actually). I also had the stage I ecm download. Bike ran well before and after the mods with no noticeable difference. It looks like you really like the result with the PCIIIr. Did you have the ecm download before you installed the PC? I'm just curious if the PC is going to make that much of a difference on my bike with the mods I have. Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How about a techlusion box instead of the Power Commander???

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been riding these things for 25 years now, but I'm afraid the technology has passed me by. At the risk of sounding too stupid, what's a techlusion box? Is it the HD module?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just heard about the techlusion box about 2 weeks ago so I don't know all that much about it. You can check out there web site at www.techlusion.com. From what I understand so far about it, is you would use this instead of a PC or the HD module. It adjusts the fuel settings after they leave the ecm. It has three screws that you can adjust or set them at zero and not have any adjustments going on at all like it was before the box was installed. What I like about this is you can adjust this on the fly without a laptop. Or set it to zero and the bike will run like it isn't even there. I am still researching into this and haven't made a decision if I am going to go this route or not. I believe the cost is around $180 whereas the HD module is around $400 and I am not sure what the cost of the PC is. If I remember right it is or was around $400. My dealer introduced me to the techlusion and he said there were a few sales reps running them and loved them. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was talking to a guy who owned a small shop over the phone on Saturday looking for Power Commanders (which you can get for about 285). He mentioned this to me, but didn't call it a Techlusion box. He didn't know much about it since he had just received the literature on it. For me, the best source of info has been reading the posts on this forum, since many people here have already tried whatever it is you're looking for. Have to do a search on this, but I don't recall reading about this. I'll look into it. I'll let you know if I find anything out. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would appreciate any info. you can dig up. Being a new technology it may take a while for it to get reviewed.

One other thing, my dealer told me that one of the sales reps that tried the techlusion said the blueing on his pipes has not come back.

I'll post anything else I found out as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts