V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it ok to run slick 50 in a twin cam roadking EFI.??
I have used it in other cars and things but never tried it in a bike. I am a witness to this stuff working.
please email me with comments.
[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
saw it with my own eyes

When this stuff first came out , an on the road salesman demo'ed it in our shop with a small push mower, we didnt want to take a chance on blowing it up so he bought one of the used ones , put slick 50 in it ran it for 10 mins then drained every thing out and ran it bare block,,, i about fell off my shoes, he ran it for about 15 mins and it never locked up or knocked.. a couple of days after he left we tore the engine down and it was like new ut had a red coating on all internals....we were sold from that point on... i used it in an old hot rod 85 monte carlo SS, then built up the engine about a year later and the inside of the block was coated with a transparent red coating(Slick 50)... I used it in my bass boat , a fresh battery would not start it it after sitting all winter, but slick 50 stopped that problem too... and a few other things, i dont want to ramble,, and so im not a sales man for it,,, hahahahaha,,, I think ill try it before riding to Daytona... Thanks for your comment.... Monty

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Slick 50 is just another snake oil sales pitch, only worse. It has chunks of teflon floating around in it. Do you want solids in your oil? If enough of it collects in one spot and oil passage can be totally blocked! Consumer researchers did the same test of running an engine dry using only motor oil with no additives and draining it before running the engine and the plain oil coated the engine just as well as any of the other stuff. Do not put this stuff in any engine you care about. See [http://www.vtr.org/maintain/oil-additives.html]

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Didn't you post this same question a couple weeks ago??

NO!! FORGET IT!!!! You want to do some MAJOR motor work when you get back from where every, then use it. Slick50 and other like products cause the rod bearings, roller bearings, in your Harley to slide and not turn/roll. Can you say "flat spots"... Slick50 was developed for babbett and insert type bearings and not roller.

Do a search of this forum and visit the various answers to this issue....or go out to the Google.rec.motorcycle.harley groups and do the same search.....

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

This is post is

I've seen the same question 'copied/pasted' ALL over the place in numerous other forums.....
Its that or he's REALLY dying for an answer.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Alien, when I said 'forum's' I meant 'other' forums OUT ON THE NET, not in here.
The guys ALL over the place. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
hoo'k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts