V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi skydoc,
Just got off the phone with Vance and Hines. They told me that the only exhaust they sell that will fit the Heritage Springer are the dresser style slip-ons. They said the clearance problem with the Straightshot/Longshot/Bigshot Long style is due to the lower bags and footboards (i.e. lower than on the other softails).

Is this obviously BS since you have Straightshots installed on your FLSTS? Did you have any clearance problems with the Straighshots on your bike?

Thanks,
Mike:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry for the dealyed response. I've not been on the forum in a few days. I have been off, so I have been spending as much time on the scooter as possible. If you look in the photo gallerys here on the forum under "Skydoc" you will see the pipes are in fact on the bike. I had no clearance problems with the bags at all. I've called V&H a couple of times and haven't been impressed with the person I was talking to either time. I really like the pipes though. I've had a little bluing problem since I had the chip re-mapped though (stage 1). V&H told me tough s**t since I wasn't running a power commander (which they wanted to sell me) and the Stage 1 map is for Screamin Eagle pipes and not theirs. The only problem with the Power Commander is that it voids the warranty on the scooter. I called 4 HD dealers in 2 states and they all told me the same thing. So I guess it must be true.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Skydoc, that sure is a nice lookin scoot! I think I might like the look of the Straightshots even better than the Longshots on the FLSTS. Oh, the agony of so many choices! Take care:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts