V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 80 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,471 Posts
So far, this is what I've determined in my investigation:

A bandana is just that. It can be used in many ways. If it's folded up and tied around the head, with the top of the head exposed, it's still just called a bandana.

If it's done in such a way that it covers the top of the head, it's called a do-rag. It's not Doo rag, or due rag, but simply Do Rag. Apparently there was a time when the hair on your head was called a "Do", as in Hairdo. This style is also called a "head wrap", or "bandana head wrap", as sold on Amazon. AND, any piece of cloth tied up and used in this fashion is a do-rag. It doesn't have to start out as a bandana.

A skull cap is a form of helmet, with a hard outer shell but may or may not be DOT approved. Half helmets are commonly called Skull caps. Other terms that seem to mean the same thing are "Brain Bucket", "Head Shell"

in doing this investigating, I was hoping to find a place where I fit in. But apparently not. What I wear is called a sweat beanie and doesn't fit into any other category.

I use a black marker to black out the logo and the EVS on the side. Because that's what posers do. :dunno:

When looking for it, I call it my "head gear".
Ya well--I'm still gonna call my sweat beanie my skull cap.

So there.

·
Premium Member
14,471 Posts

A bandana is just that. It can be used in many ways. If it's folded up and tied around the head, with the top of the head exposed, it's still just called a bandana.

If it's done in such a way that it covers the top of the head, it's called a do-rag. It's not Doo rag, or due rag, but simply Do Rag. Apparently there was a time when the hair on your head was called a "Do", as in Hairdo. This style is also called a "head wrap", or "bandana head wrap", as sold on Amazon. AND, any piece of cloth tied up and used in this fashion is a do-rag. It doesn't have to start out as a bandana.

A skull cap is a form of helmet, with a hard outer shell but may or may not be DOT approved. Half helmets are commonly called Skull caps. Other terms that seem to mean the same thing are "Brain Bucket", "Head Shell"

in doing this investigating, I was hoping to find a place where I fit in. But apparently not. What I wear is called a sweat beanie and doesn't fit into any other category.

I use a black marker to black out the logo and the EVS on the side. Because that's what posers do. :dunno:

Ya well--I'm still gonna call my sweat beanie my skull cap.

So there.
:wavey:

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,920 Posts

Is it "do-rag" or "Do Rag"? It seems important now that you've pointed out our errors.

Then again, I see that you are ok with making up your own name of "head gear".

Do rag

Bandana

Skull cap

Head gear

Thanks for clearing that up. :beer4u:

·
Super Moderator
20,084 Posts
I just realized that it's not even Thanksgiving yet, and we are already discussing stuff that don't really mater much at all. You can wear what ever you want to, long as it don't dork you up.

What next, socks? Skivvies?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Is it "do-rag" or "Do Rag"? It seems important now that you've pointed out our errors.

Do rag

Bandana

Skull cap

Head gear

Thanks for clearing that up. :beer4u:
Yep, for me too... I thought do rag was a way you folded a bandanna...

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Whats next?

I just realized that it's not even Thanksgiving yet, and we are already discussing stuff that don't really mater much at all. You can wear what ever you want to, long as it don't dork you up.

How do you wear your Beard Bling?:brows:

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,920 Posts

Mater

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
What's beard bling. Mine ain't long enough these days to carry left over breakfast in.
evidently there is beard jewelry( not the Viking crap) but actual bedazzle style crap you can put in your beard now. Of course the pic I was showed by wife(teasing me to try the style out) showed men wearing one piece outfits#@SasF#, google men's one piece romper, I'd post a pic but have yet to adjust my pic settings ability since photobucket changed rule.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,920 Posts
evidently there is beard jewelry( not the Viking crap) but actual bedazzle style crap you can put in your beard now. Of course the pic I was showed by wife(teasing me to try the style out) showed men wearing one piece outfits#@SasF#, google men's one piece romper, I'd post a pic but have yet to adjust my pic settings ability since photobucket changed rule.
Well, the romper thing produced this:

Beard bling got this:

...and this:

Why do you need photobucket to post pictures from the internet? Just copy the address of the picture into the link in your post.

·
Premium Member
14,471 Posts
Well, the romper thing produced this:

Beard bling got this:

...and this:

Why do you need photobucket to post pictures from the internet? Just copy the address of the picture into the link in your post.
This made me ill.

·
Super Moderator
20,084 Posts
Well, I doubt it will impact on me much. I don't wear any sort of jewelry, not even a wedding ring. And I don't do the ink thing or the paint the chrome black thing either (hair dye).

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

I think either would work. And yes sir, I have no problem making up names for my own stuff.

Example- That round thingamajig that bolts next to the chrome doohicky on the side of the gadgetry box!

The way I see it, People can wear what they want, and call it what they want!

61 - 80 of 157 Posts