V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Kind of sort the same thing here. A guy wears his helmet all the way into the building and across to his workstation. I always thought it was odd. One day I asked him why he did it. He pointed out that he has to wear head protection while crossing the production floor and by wearing the helmet he didn't have to take his hard hat home or stash it by the door and pray it wasn't stolen by morning. A method to his madness.

Probably not apples to apples though. :dunno:
Makes no sense that he would wear his helmet so he didn't have to take the hard hat home but was worried that someone would steal it if it was stashed by the door. Where did he stash it otherwise to ensure it wasn't stolen when he didn't take it home?

Yea, I know. I'm starting to sound too much like G.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Makes no sense that he would wear his helmet so he didn't have to take the hard hat home but was worried that someone would steal it if it was stashed by the door. Where did he stash it otherwise to ensure it wasn't stolen when he didn't take it home?

I think he was stashing his hard hat by the door.

I'm just here for the beer.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

He works in an inspection room that is separate from the production floor and is locked when he leaves.

I can't believe we're discussing this. :dunno:

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,920 Posts
I had a doo rag and lost it. A bandana keeps my forehead from getting crispy when not wearing a helmet.
Skull caps work good under a helmet. Both can be fixed to cover the ears.

This is a serious thread.
Never tried a skull cap. I just wear my doo rags because chicks dig pirates. ;)

·
Super Moderator
20,084 Posts
Doo rags, skull caps, bandanas, they all fill a need.

Doo rags are better for under the lid IMHO. Plus they fit my piratetanical nature. But skull caps work.

Also easier to clean as opposed to washing the whole lid out. And once the naturel sun shields fades from the head, some covering helps with the head burns.

And any long roll should include a bandana or face sock. Lessen you like burned lips and such.......Or suddenly need to go all pirate or outlaw, and rob some folks :whistle:

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
;5630273 said:
My wife told me we would only have sex in months that have an r in them. A few months ago I told her it was Arrrgust.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,920 Posts
My wife told me we would only have sex in months that have an r in them. A few months ago I told her it was Arrrgust.

Days that end in "y" makes for a much better arrangement. :)

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I have been asked this many times, "whats the tail thingy on your cap rag head" I reply "it's for the O'lady to steer me in the right direction, don't ya know the passenger steers the scoot"?"

I wonder how many folks of screwed up on this, some have walked away with a "AH,HA!" looks

·
Premium Member
14,471 Posts
Back when I became a real biker, I had some stuff that seemed to carry over from the mountain bike gear. Them skull caps was one of 'em.
Ya wear 'em under a helmet either way.

I need to get another doo rag and see if that works for me, too.
See about that "pirate" thing.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Ditto... :duh2:

So far, this is what I've determined in my investigation:

A bandana is just that. It can be used in many ways. If it's folded up and tied around the head, with the top of the head exposed, it's still just called a bandana.

If it's done in such a way that it covers the top of the head, it's called a do-rag. It's not Doo rag, or due rag, but simply Do Rag. Apparently there was a time when the hair on your head was called a "Do", as in Hairdo. This style is also called a "head wrap", or "bandana head wrap", as sold on Amazon. AND, any piece of cloth tied up and used in this fashion is a do-rag. It doesn't have to start out as a bandana.

A skull cap is a form of helmet, with a hard outer shell but may or may not be DOT approved. Half helmets are commonly called Skull caps. Other terms that seem to mean the same thing are "Brain Bucket", "Head Shell"

in doing this investigating, I was hoping to find a place where I fit in. But apparently not. What I wear is called a sweat beanie and doesn't fit into any other category.

I use a black marker to black out the logo and the EVS on the side. Because that's what posers do. :dunno:

When looking for it, I call it my "head gear".

41 - 60 of 157 Posts