V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed or use this sissy bar with auxiliary lights? I need to order a sissy bar for my 05 heritage, and thought the extra lights would be safer.
p/n 59429-04

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I've got one.......

I bought one on the sale table at the 'stealership' in Toiletto, OH. for my sporty (Heywood) I have had it since the beginning of the summer but haven't installed it yet cuz I also bought the module to make your blinkers in the rear act as brake lights also. Extremely bright. Oh yeah....when they rang my sale up, the sissy bar light only cost $6.00 instead of $89.00:Banadance

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can't go wrong with more brake lites

I've installed one of those 'cause I figured the stop lamp could go out any time and approaching cagers wouldn't have any indication I was braking. Like Krayven says; its alot brighter than the stock stop lamp. I still keep an eye on the mirror though. Some people (yakking on the cel phone or reaching for the umbrella on the floor) aren't going to see ANY lights unless it reaches out and bops them on the head. :blink:
I'm going to add one of those led stoplight assemblies as soon as I can afford it.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Loved it

Had one on my Dyna and liked it a lot, nice and bright, if you use sissy bar luggage though it will get blocked.

my .02, YMMV

·
Premium Member
338 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Wire for the aux brake light runs down the side (right side for me) of the sissy bar, along the rear fender support, and up under the seat. It comes with fasteners to secure and "cleanup" the wire. It isn't really noticeable.

Hopefully I get my bike back this Thursday. I had a charging system problem, diagnosed it down to the stator/rotor, and delivered it to the dealship for repair. After wasting a day because they had never seen a VPC (I faxed them the instruction sheet and the instructions on HarleyHog), they found out the engine sprocket nut had loosened up to the point the sprocket was walking across the shaft. It damaged my chrome inner primary and the rotor. The dealership is awaiting word from H-D as to how to proceed because they say they cannot authorize this type of warranty work at the dealership level. Fortunately another H-D delaer installed the inner primary cover when they did my SE BB II install. This dealership thinks loctite was not used on the threads for the sprocket nut when it was reassembled. I wonder what else may have not been done properly?

What part of NC are you in?

·
OldFart
139 Posts
Sissy bar lights

I got this exact one and installed it on the OL's FXDL. It's plug and play. You do have to pull three pins out of the rear light connector, and plug in three new pins, and transfer the pulled pins into the new connector, and do some ty-wrapping of the new wiring, but it's no big deal. The connectors are AMP multi-locks, so you have to have the tool to extract the pins, but if you have the service manual (and you should) it shows you exactly where to insert a safety pin into the lock to release the pins. Made a big difference at night. The more light the better...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts