V-Twin Forum banner

Single Cylinder Firing 131cu

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  DirtyD61 
#1 ·
Hey all having a tricky issue with the big 131

Issue:
Bike turns over and seems to be firing on just a single cylinder with occasion loud backfires (like igniting fuel in the pipes.) Front cylinder plug is typically very wet with fuel when removed.

Stats:
2007 Softail Deluxe
131 cu TC with approx 5000 miles on it
Power Commander PCV installed
110/110 psi compression (with ACRs plugged in)
<10% leak down on both cylinders
Tested with brand new Coil/Wires/Plugs (issue remains constant)
No fault codes present

thanks for any pointers!

#3 ·
power commanders generally cause a cylinder to go dead,,, perhaps there is a wiring issue,, between the coils and ecm... since all the parts are new.. or possibly the ig ition got set to single fire and it's a dual fire,, or vice versa... check for spark at both plugz

#6 ·
there is a procedure for calibrating the tips to the power commander,,, open the settings click on throttle settings and follow the prompts,, it consists of opening the throttle wide open from idle..
Let me clarify one thing that i think is throwing people off. This bike was running in it's current config for the last 5000 miles, the PCV isnt a new addition. The coil/wires/plugs were swapped to try and remedy the current issue.

The I have some sort of part failure, injectors, CPS, ECM, PCV. Would be my thought.

#8 ·
Thought that as well, Coil/Wires/Plugs were then all replaced and the issue remains. I have a feeling it is the Power Commander, Im going to cut that out of the sys and retest today. Havent been able to turn it over the last couple days because I've had it apart to replace the in tank fuel filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.