V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo is it ever going to stop raining. The 7 day forecast calls for rain everyday. My OL asked why I haven't planted a garden this year. Too much rain has drowned it every year for 7 yrs. Hard rain Saturday. I would have hated to ride home in that.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sun popped out just after posting then it got dark and raining again. I can't wait until Setts storms get here. Whoo hoo.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Usually rains like he77 here too but for some reason it's been sunny and real warm this year!! go figure. In the northern rain forest we don't usually get nice sunny riding weather till July!!

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually rains like he77 here too but for some reason it's been sunny and real warm this year!! go figure. In the northern rain forest we don't usually get nice sunny riding weather till July!!
I bet you have worn out more than a few rainsuits.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You could send some of that rain down here to the SW. We could sure use it! Been pretty dry this year, and we've been in drought or severe drought for YEARS, now.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could send some of that rain down here to the SW. We could sure use it! Been pretty dry this year, and we've been in drought or severe drought for YEARS, now.
I saw on the tube that y'all's farmers have drawn so much water out the ground that large cracks have opened in the desert. Some are 2 miles long. Is that true?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Rain suits?? lol they really don't work here!! they all leak and you get soaked and cold. Gloves get mushy and spongy feeling and your boots fill with water. We can go a month with non stop rain in the winter. The summers are nice though!! rarely above 85, few bugs, low humidity and usually drops to 70ish at night with a nice breeze off the ocean. I wish I could send you some of this water!! it's flooding all around B.C. right now.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I had 20 straight days, no rain and rode everyone of them.

It's been 8 days of rain since then, 10 forecast is calling for rain every one of them... grrr.

I'm gonna have to plan trips with rain if I want to ride.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
With few exceptions it's been nothing but rain around here. Was able to cut some of the grass the other day before it started raining again. Today was forecast to be decent and it was obvious early on this was not to be. Tends to be rainy this time of year for me anyway, but it just hasn't let up. Plants are loving it though.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy days are here again at least for a couple days. Rain for the 3 days of the holiday weekend. Good thing I am unemployed or I might be upset.

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
I just came back from a trip to Michigan. We rode M22 and drank beer a lot. We didn't go to Tennessee due to forecasted rain, so guess what we got in Michigan? That's right, cold rain. I was so wet and miserable, I seriously considered selling my bike to buy a sports car. Holy crap they have some cold rain up there. To top it all off, the rain found a pinhole in the crotch of my HD rain gear. That was fun.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Forecast showed the possibility of a decent day today here (the weatherman changed his tune at the last minute). I rolled the dice, rode to work. Hopefully it's a dry afternoon too. Felt so nice on the ride in!

Weekend is looking like crap though...

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just came back from a trip to Michigan. We rode M22 and drank beer a lot. We didn't go to Tennessee due to forecasted rain, so guess what we got in Michigan? That's right, cold rain. I was so wet and miserable, I seriously considered selling my bike to buy a sports car. Holy crap they have some cold rain up there. To top it all off, the rain found a pinhole in the crotch of my HD rain gear. That was fun.
Well miserable it might have been, but at least you got out on a trip. The way things are going here with my wife's health I be lucky to make LS.

·
Registered
15,778 Posts
Made a trip to Baton Rouge yesterday to pick up BIL's bagger. He had shoulder surgery and is unable to ride, so I'm sacrificing my time to ride it for him.

Made the 2 hr trip home and never got rained on. About half the roads I rode were wet, so I was missing them by minutes.

I'm just here for the beer.

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
Made a trip to Baton Rouge yesterday to pick up BIL's bagger. He had shoulder surgery and is unable to ride, so I'm sacrificing my time to ride it for him.

Made the 2 hr trip home and never got rained on. About half the roads I rode were wet, so I was missing them by minutes.

I'm just here for the beer.
You're a lucky fellow. I can't leave the house lately without getting soaked.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My son and I were going to ride after he mowed the grass. A cloud came up and the wind was like a hurricane for 5 minutes then the rain was a flood for 20 minutes then the sun popped out all day.

The grass dried and he only mowed a couple puddles. Then we went for a ride. Felt good too. The wind blew away the humidity from the rain.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts