V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Captain Bligh said:
That's quite a collection! Any you dream about and wish you still had?
Yes sir! My 1950 Whizzer Sportsman! Unfortunately, I never took pictures of my Whizzers... the two I miss the least are the BMW R1100RT.... it was so perfect that it was boring... and the 1958 Matchless 750... I can think of nothing positive to say about that bike!On the other hand, I'd LOVE to have my 1969 BMW R60US back! Probably my most satisfying bike in all respects is the 2001 Kawasaki W650, an improved build of the old BSA 650.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very cool

I loved the Ural. I rode a few. 'Slow but hard to start.'
Had some goldwings plus many h-ds also. Sometimes 'perfect' isn't.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I love the 88 FLHS Custom Bagger! Love the blacked out look!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The latest URALs are easy to start and marginally faster (can cruise at 65mph without straining), and the two wheel drive will go anywhere! But it's just not the same as riding a bike! I'd like to have kept it, but I needed the ten grand!
winston1156 said:
I loved the Ural. I rode a few. 'Slow but hard to start.'
Had some goldwings plus many h-ds also. Sometimes 'perfect' isn't.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sQuashed said:
I hope you were never called "Butt Ugly" like that seat on the Yamaha.
You mean the tan leather seat on the Royal Star Palomino??? :whisper: Gorgeous!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boy, as a retired teacher, one thing I've never before been called is spoiled! But I'm surely blessed! I sell each bike for nearly as much as, or more than, I put into it. This new Road King will SURELY be the exception, but we plan not to sell it. When I'm no longer able to ride, it will go to my son who's about to serve a tour in Iraq.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts