V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 'Bob is stock, and I love the way the EFI runs, (idles a little high) but I'm a little confused as to which tuner to buy; I just want to install an S&S air cleaner and maybe some V&H bigshot staggered pipes. That's it. I don't want to try to have the fastest bike on the road- I know theres a lot more cubic money out there- and besides, the older I get, the smaller my balls seem to be. I know everyone will have a different answer, but what is the simplest way to go without having to fiddle around with settings, patches, downloads, etc?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tuner ????????

motorhedmike said:
My '06 'Bob is stock, and I love the way the EFI runs, (idles a little high) but I'm a little confused as to which tuner to buy; I just want to install an S&S air cleaner and maybe some V&H bigshot staggered pipes. That's it. I don't want to try to have the fastest bike on the road- I know theres a lot more cubic money out there- and besides, the older I get, the smaller my balls seem to be. I know everyone will have a different answer, but what is the simplest way to go without having to fiddle around with settings, patches, downloads, etc?
I think you nead :whisper: a Power Comander USB...easy to install and work with...second best would be SERT from HD costs more harder to work but a good unit...your choice
Steve The Dyno Man :cheers:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Hi,

a Powercommander PCIII usb will be the cheapest and
easy to install

but don't forget that using a PCIII or a SERT and using
a caned map the bike may not run at is best
if you want that it should run at is optimum you must
go on a dyno and they will do a custom map for your bike
it may take 3 hours to do the map ( cost $$ )

Fred

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Hard to beat a ThunderMax w/AutoTune.....my bike runs incredibly smooth and powerful....cool....no pinging....decent gas mileage

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! The more I think about it, the better the closed loop systems look. They might be spendier up front, but in the long run it might even out.:hmmm:

·
Registered
753 Posts
They might be spendier up front, but in the long run it might even out.
You bet'cha. I wish I'd gotten the TMAT before I spent so much $$$$ trying to get a good tune on a PCIII usb...

TMAT ROCKS!!!

VicW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts