V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen this? I've heard it looks great like the old shovelheads. Anybody have some pictures they could send me?
Thanksa lot.

·
Banned
155 Posts
I might have some pics of Black Jugs around here but I think I'll get in trouble if I post them.:eek:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
This was the typical color scheme of the shovelheads and earlier motors. Nothing prettier than a Panhead with glossy black jugs and clean glass beaded heads and cases.

I personally prefer sleepers so I would'nt mix and match any combo on an Evo or TC that would indicate the engine has been massaged but hey that's just me. -2$en#e-

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Just finshed a 103 shovel that ran extremely hard, hard enough for the POS BDL clutch to go south in the first 200 miles. Did I mention that I hate BDL???
By the way kicker only, ya better have some A$$ to kick it as it is not very nice when she would bite back!!! Even with the stroker arm kicker lever, and a Crane in kicker mode. I had to mark the open belt to help with the owner to get it started!!! Funny I watched it pop him and over the bars the first time. He gave it the ( dirt bike kick) once only then asked why it did that???:huh: I had a hard time not laughing, I told him to try to kick the kicker through the ground and stay on it, took a few tries but he got the hang of it ....kinda LMAO He wanted a "ole school" bike as he put it with a "kicker only" He is now thinking that a starter is not such a bad thing!!! :(-

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just went the opposite way. Installed black Diamond Cut heads and jugs and show chromed rocker boxes on my factory silver motor. Wow..the contrast is great. Makes it more interesting and works better with my paint work. I always wondered how black jugs would look compared to the silver. Installing the 95" kit convinced me that now was the time to find out. So far so good.. I'll post some pics when it's back together.
DLR

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I have found that if it's squeezed hard enough, the head can turn purple on a set of jugs.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
DLRVelocity1 said:
I just went the opposite way. Installed black Diamond Cut heads and jugs and show chromed rocker boxes on my factory silver motor. Wow..the contrast is great. Makes it more interesting and works better with my paint work. I always wondered how black jugs would look compared to the silver. Installing the 95" kit convinced me that now was the time to find out. So far so good.. I'll post some pics when it's back together.
DLR
Hey DLR, post up some pics...I would like to see this!

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
fatboy69 said:
Has anybody seen this? I've heard it looks great like the old shovelheads. Anybody have some pictures they could send me?
Thanksa lot.

I really wanted to do this when I had my build done but I didn't have time to wait(or want to) for someone to trade with. Plus, as someone mentioned I also like the sleeper look.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
timbo said:
I have found that if it's squeezed hard enough, the head can turn purple on a set of jugs.
Hey Timbo, post up some pics...I would like to see this!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great posts guys...had abdominal surgery last week and just destroyed my stitches! LOL. HDWRENCH any chance of a hidden camera setup next time somebody kicks over one of those? That's priceless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts