V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, guess I am a bit new to the game, but exactly what does the stage 1 and stage 2 consist of? I mean, is it just the mapping, or is it new new pipes, hi-flow air filter...just looking for some directiom. Thanks in advance.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum.

Stage one is just a new air filter/plate assembly and a remap of the module that controls the EFI. I think they bump up the rev limiter as well.

Stage 2 gets you an increase of displacement from 88 cubic inches to 95 cubic inches. You can also get a stage 2 upgrade which adds a mild cam in addition to the upgrade of the displacement.

After that, well that is where the fun begins. Lots of options, how deep are your pockets?

BTW, you got a top tuner/wrench etc. in your area and a regular contributor here as well.

Do some searches, there is a lot of activity on the very topic you are asking about.

Happy searching!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok...

Thanks for the quick response, but that just leads to my next question. I have the '05 Fatboy Anniversary, with the 95" (1550cc) and the hi-flow, but stock pipes. Will I need to re-map if I replace the pipes ( I am looking to put on V&H Short Shots)? I am thinking of just putting on the pipes and seeing how it does, then maybe getting the sert if necessary...thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts