V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
>>> The Curmudgeon <<<
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'll create a new sig. I've noticed that so many people now have big long sigs that read much like the invoice one gets when one writes a check to someone to build their bike for them. (Hmmm. Wonder if there's any connection?). So, what can I put in mine? How about the exact shade of paint--including the fact that the cowbells are a slightly different shade than the rest of the bike? Number of coats of paint, including clear? Where I purchased the tank decals? How about depth of tread? (I mean, simply listing the tire brand is so common, isn't it)? And I've noticed that no one is so hip (yet) that they've listed the brand of piston ring they're using--assuming they know. Hmmm. Brands. Maybe I can list the brand of brake pads? Braided cables? The fact that I only run a single throttle cable, instead of two? Maybe I should list the dimensions of the throttle body bores at the mounting point? More importantly, who bored them out for me? How high my seat is off the ground (at a certain air pressure in the tires, of course). Ya know, the right side of my handlebars--Flanders 13" ape hangers, of course. Gotta be sure to list that--is bent a little more to the rear than is the left side after I hit that damn truck in Florida on I-95 in April. Maybe I should list that too. after all, it is "non-stock". Maybe how the e-pipe sounds with 14 discs? I did see someone post a question about how a pipe sounds (Fer chrisakes!) It kinda goes brrrrm brrrm brrrm, but some times it goes puttt puttt puttt. And sometimes, it's silent. (I bet it's silent right now). And I've got chrome control perches, but black mirrors. That oughta be worth some "old skool" street cred, huh? And I could list the brand of AFR gauge I've got. That'd be good. Brands seem to be important to so many people. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'll create a sig that proves that I can read what's written in this forum, and everyone will know I'm cool. :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm being an ass. And I know there's a couple guys in here with those big long silly sigs who really do their own stuff. (They're still big long silly sigs). If you see the admittedly sarcastic humor in this, great. If you don't, may I suggest you first take a look at your sig...

There! I finally got that off my chest!

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
I have YET to actually read all of a very long sig. However, I can't believe I actually read ALL of Barrybasinger's rant about them. WHO CARES? If it blows someone's skirt up to have a laundry list of mods or accessories....more power to them, it's no sweat off of any of us in here. Just don't read them if you don't want to. You're just getting old and are turning into a CURMUDGEON. I'm getting old and FORGETFUL.

Okay...see ya,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 -2003

Retired...completely

·
geezer glides are cool
381 Posts
I don't get it?

'05 Sunglo Blue Ultra
SE Race Tuner
SE Stage I Air Cleaner w/ K&N Filter
SE Performance Heads 10:1
Andrews 37G Cams
Wood's 2 Degree Advance Key
S&S HD Cam Bearing Plate
SE Quick-Install Pushrods
SE 95" Cylinders & Cast Flat Top Pistons
V&H Dresser Duals and Basic Slip-Ons
SE Clutch Spring w/ H-D Reduced Effort Ramps
3.37 Gearing
EMC Comp-Nut Lock
Baisley Spring
"And a PARRRTridGGGGE in a PEAARRRR TREEEEEEE!"

Air traffic control. Thwarting the Darwin Principle one clearance at a time.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
And if your gonna ask a lot of technical questions, please provide us with details of your bike, build, intake mods, ignition mods, exhaust mods, compression, etc.

Retype them each time in each new post cause Im not a friggin mind reader and I cannot offer advise or input with so few details, but I will take time to do a search on you and find your details in previous posts or elsewhere.

Same goes for the Sheet metal , electrical, wheels tires suspension or any other section, but dont clutter your sig, retype them each time so you dont get yer azz kicked by one of us for leaving the details out when we dont feel like doing a search for the details of your build, tins, tires, wheels, etc.

And ferchrissake Mega, before you chime to answer a question about SE Race Tuners, SE Stage I Air Cleaners w/ K&N Filters, SE Performance Heads at 10:1 static compression, Andrews 37G Cams, Wood's 2 Degree Advance Keys, S&S HD Cam Bearing Plates, SE Quick-Install Pushrods, SE 95" Cylinders & Cast Flat Top Pistons, V&H Dresser Duals and Basic Slip-Ons, SE Clutch Spring w/ H-D Reduced Effort Ramps, 3.37 Gearing, EMC Comp-Nut Locks, or Baisley Springs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, PLEASE let us know if you have any PERSONAL experience with them as we do not want to hear a guess but real life experience from someone who has actually worked a build with these parts and mods.
Thanks
Party on!!!

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts

ROFLMAO!!!!!:hystria:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
I don't get it?

'05 Sunglo Blue Ultra
SE Race Tuner
SE Stage I Air Cleaner w/ K&N Filter
SE Performance Heads 10:1
Andrews 37G Cams
Wood's 2 Degree Advance Key
S&S HD Cam Bearing Plate
SE Quick-Install Pushrods
SE 95" Cylinders & Cast Flat Top Pistons
V&H Dresser Duals and Basic Slip-Ons
SE Clutch Spring w/ H-D Reduced Effort Ramps
3.37 Gearing
EMC Comp-Nut Lock
Baisley Spring

Air traffic control. Thwarting the Darwin Principle one clearance at a time.
That hurt, man,
I thought we were tight...

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I was thinking of adding the Gettysburg Address to my signature. But it's too short. So I'm working on transcribing the complete works of the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

·
banal
486 Posts
I am sure glad you posted this. I was about to add to my sig the chrome cover that hides the spline shifter shaft, now that I've removed the rear shifter peg. Did I mention my chrome carburator cover? You can almost see it if you get down real close ...

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,268 Posts
MadCity said:
I was thinking of adding the Gettysburg Address to my signature. But it's too short. So I'm working on transcribing the complete works of the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.
I can see why, Mad. You have a little one. :whistle:

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
barrybasinger said:
Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm being an ass. And I know there's a couple guys in here with those big long silly sigs who really do their own stuff. (They're still big long silly sigs). If you see the admittedly sarcastic humor in this, great. If you don't, may I suggest you first take a look at your sig...

There! I finally got that off my chest!

I'm not going to flame you, but I wondered if the practicality of it ever occured to you. I put my build information in my signature line so I wouldn't have to write it over and over in postings referring to tech subjects. Somebody may be interested in a new ignition system...they see I'm running a similar build and they can directly ask me how the ignition I'm running works with those mods and what settings I'm using.

I don't need for someone else to think I'm cool....I already know I am:cool:

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
MegaGlide said:
I don't get it?
"Electra Glide with a push button thing where the key thing used to be where you put in gas."

He would like you to simplify it to...
"EG with a push button gas door thing"

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts