V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a little tip that you may want to try. Have you ever been sitting at a signal light that wouldn't change? There is a solution to these "metal dectectors" that can help your motorcycle trip the light, that is if it is not too far out of calibration. Some bikes don't have enough ferrous metal in their frames to trip the sensor. Most loop sensors are also sensitive to voltages induced in their loops by varying magnetic fields. Therefore a strong magnet will aid in setting up a voltage signal in the loop. A friend of mine uses a strong motor magnet. I use double magnets. The one signal light that always gave me trouble always changes for me now. If a car won't change it, then this won't help. It is too far out of calibration. These magnets are available commercially for hardly nothing from a retailer. One tip is to cross the edges of the detector zone and not through the middle. ;)

Later

Oh I almost forgot,,,,,,attatch it low on the frame,,,,,not on the sissy bar! LOL

·
Registered
86 Posts
You know, that magnet tip is just insane enough to work, I'll have to try it. Thanks for the Tip

·
<{{{><
170 Posts
A highway patrolman friend of mine advised me to wait two cycles and proceed with caution. If stopped just say you are on your way to report the defective signal. My $.02 worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts