V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call off one of my buddies in tyneside newcastle uk (geordie hog ) he is a little bit on the upset side , we recently went to BELGIUM EURO[PE (Harley davidson riders club of belgium) A REAL RIP OFF!!! anyhow when we get back my buddy decides to stand his bike using the side stand , and ,guess what ? it only goes and snaps at the lug on the frame , have it in mind that the bike is only 6 weeks old . So he went to the dealer today , the dealer only tells him ,it will cost my buddy 50 bucks to fix and the frame will have to be taken bike stripped and then sent off at the end of the season to be coated again,or if u dont want to pay then leave the bike and they will get a new frame in a few months time ,or in other words forget about this year of riding your new hog,or lumpit, .IS are these guys for real or what if he had of damaged himself trying to hold up his 700lb ultra ????? can they get away with this attitude ,? Maybe we should be told to check the weld is ok before we stand our bikes down .

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Sounds like a dealer experience that far too many owners have endured.

Terrible situation. This stuff shouldn't be happening. And when it does, the dealers should take care of it quick. But far too often they don't. Very bad pr for the MoCo.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by crutherford ... anyhow when we get back my buddy decides to stand his bike using the side stand ,

he has a center stand too? or how else does he stand the bke?

and ,guess what ? it only goes and snaps at the lug on the frame , have it in mind that the bike is only 6 weeks old . So he went to the dealer today , the dealer only tells him ,it will cost my buddy 50 bucks to fix and the frame will have to be taken bike stripped and then sent off at the end of the season to be coated again,or if u dont want to pay then leave the bike and they will get a new frame in a few months time ,or in other words forget about this year of riding your new hog,or lumpit, .IS are these guys for real or what if he had of damaged himself trying to hold up his 700lb ultra ????? can they get away with this attitude ,? Maybe we should be told to check the weld is ok before we stand our bikes down .

HD customer service 414-343-4056

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Tell your friend to write a SMOKING letter to HD and DEMAND satisfaction post haste!

To contact the Motor Company directly, please write:

Harley-Davidson Customer Service
3700 W. Juneau Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53208

To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056.
Sorry, we're unable to receive e-mail at this time.

I'd light em up! Make sure you tell him to include the fact that this story is being posted ALL OVER THE NET, and folks are waiting anxiously to see how that lame ass "Welcome To The Family" film rings true.

If this is a new bike, the warranty should be extended while the damn thing is down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts