V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 night train and i wanna cut that ugly plate off the back and put the plate on the side im looking for a not so expansive bracket for the side
it would be nice if it was black but if not thats ok ill paint it. also i dont want a brake light in it just a light to light the license plate up.. wear can i git one thats not 200 bucks... ill take it even if it doesent have a light in it... and does anyone have pics of this on a softail... thanks for the help:boxin:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
The best way to paint chrome is the get a grey scuff pad and swcuff the part until there is no shine left (Basically it is all dulled.). Then use self etch primer. After that just paint it like normal.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks alot ... i dont see how this side bracket works its showing a sportster that has an exsisting bracket on the fender but my 06 night train does not have a bracket to mount to there bracket... i dont git it....

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i know how to put the bracket on the axle but i dont have a license plate bracket like they show in the website that thay are bolting on to that axle bracket. also am lookin for it to be curved if u find one let me know...

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
sporty,
Got my side mount from www.cyclevisions.com
Looks real nice and fits perfectly.
Good luck

·
06 NightTrain
289 Posts
Hey SoCal, what did you do with the stock plastic plate mount that was on there? did you trim it off or take it off completly? can you take a close up photo of what you did please?

I want to show off the fat tire on my NT too but i didnt know how to go about the plastic without it looking like hell back there. Thanks in advance.

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
Velcro,
I got my dremel tool out and cut it off. I sanded it smooth and then put a black piece of car moldong on the cut part. It came out good. I will send you some pictures as soon as I can

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah lets see the taillight now and also did u lower ur train and lets see a pic of the plate on there ... thanks:gun:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts