V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we finally had what could be considered the first major snow storm of the season. Noreaster to be precise. Trees down, power out for days but worse yet, Salt on the roads and knee deep 4 wheel type mud on my road.

When I see the mud and the glistening thick salt crystals I know it's over for me this year! :sucks:

Well,
Time to retire to the heated garage and make some changes and do some fine detailing for next year.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I hear ya, will be putting mine down for the Winter soon also.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I feel your pain man. I live in N. MN and am waiting any day for the first snow. Havnt quite got myself to pull the batteries and such but I did clean out the garage today so I could get all the toys stored for the winter. Last year I bought a Snowmobile so I could at least do somthing that barely resembles riding in the winter. Helped a little to get through the snow months. ALways hate to see fall comming to an end as it is sad to see the riding season dissapear as well as the good times from the summer. Russ

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
We had an unexpected snow on Tuesday...it had been raining a day or so & no mention of snow on the weather and Monday evening it got cold enough to change it to wet, heavy snow. power went out about 5 a.m. for 12 hours.
i went out to the garage for 18v flashlights so my daughter could get ready for work & it sounded like the 1st day of deer season...trees snapping from all the weight. we had 4" & a few friends up on the Laurel Mts. about 15 miles away had over 10".............sun's out today...60's on Sunday...might be a nice day for a ride.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
It's over here, looks like I might get out for a couple miles sunday or thursday. Before I drop her at the indy for the "winter projects" The parts are already there! woohoo

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Donny2guns said:
I feel your pain man. I live in N. MN and am waiting any day for the first snow. Havnt quite got myself to pull the batteries and such but I did clean out the garage today so I could get all the toys stored for the winter. Last year I bought a Snowmobile so I could at least do somthing that barely resembles riding in the winter. Helped a little to get through the snow months. ALways hate to see fall comming to an end as it is sad to see the riding season dissapear as well as the good times from the summer. Russ
Small world, I see you live in Duluth, I lived there for 17 years and left in 1998, used to live out by the airport on Krueger Road. One of these days I am coming up to go to the Aerostitch Rider Warehouse.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Yeah, winter...

Thinking I'll put mine up on Monday or something. Can't decide, don't want to really. Oh well, I knew this day would come again. Time to start shopping for parts for the March/April projects.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Sadly, like the others, I'm contemplating an oil change and hibernation tomorrow. Just because you never know when the weather gods will bite you on the ass and spew salt all over the roads. I plan to have some fun riding, but it will be a poignant moment.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Yes sir been here all my life, if I can afford to stay I will. Short short riding season but has a lot of perks. Love Aerostich.

·
Banned
202 Posts
65° to 70° today and I put on 250 miles...

It was a lot better this time considering that 2 weeks ago when I put on 300 miles it was only 40° to 45° out.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
rickr01 said:
Well, we finally had what could be considered the first major snow storm of the season. Noreaster to be precise. Trees down, power out for days but worse yet, Salt on the roads and knee deep 4 wheel type mud on my road.

When I see the mud and the glistening thick salt crystals I know it's over for me this year! :sucks:

Well,
Time to retire to the heated garage and make some changes and do some fine detailing for next year.

God, I love Arizona:yes:

Teu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts