V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just placing a post to what helmets do I own and thought maybe a new thread would be in order.

Since I have gotten older, (and seen more motorcycle accidents) and since it is now law in most states, I have been noticing more and more helmets, and have noticed how they have become a reflection of the rider, as much a piece of the motorcycle as the customizing chrome on a bike.

Some of these helmets are incredible with airbrushed artwork, fancy mirrored flames, or just covered with stickers that make ya want to laugh out loud when read.

So come on everyone, show us your Motorcycle Helmets…

Here are my two, the half helmet for most of the riding unless I am off on a long trip (DC to Sturgis, DC to Woodstock, DC to Daytona) or it is really cold out. On the long trips I still bring my half helmet with me for when I’m riding in town. Simple black with my “jolly roger” emblem, guess I’m a Scottish Pirate at heart :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Well I'd show ya the Helmet I have but David would just end up moving it to the Enter At Your Own Risk Forum.

Bla HAhahahah

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I know I misspelled mirrored :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now ya know why I specified "Motorcycle Helmet" :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
JFScheck said:
Now ya know why I specified "Motorcycle Helmet" :D

Ohhhhhh ! :eek:

Nevermind. :D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
This ones mine

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine is a basic gloss black half helmet that's never been cleaned. The front looks greenish black now with streaks and runs going all the way to the back (bugs). When I was in the Navy, for some reason your saltiness was reflected by the blackness of the inside of your coffee cup. I kinda feel the same way about my helmet. The more bug snot on it the better.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have some friends who have the same dam helmet, and I swear I can smell the bugs a-frying on it when it's hot out :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I need 'Widescreen' or you need a head transplant?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is that smoking devel again :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
As soon as I get a Harley helmet or maybe I should say, get a Helmet that will look Ok with my Harley, I'll post a picture. All 3 of my helmets are full face and flashy -- they just wouldn't look right with my black Harley. This is a good idea for a new thread because I am the kind of guy that needs help with picking out a helmet. My Harley dealer wants too much for their helmets -- I know that profit is important but......................
Geeeezz Luiz !! HA!
Do you know of any good places online?

·
Registered
875 Posts
:D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lay back and spread them wide, this ain't no Sportster, it's a SuperGlide...

Now that's a sticker!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts