V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rider ,got 60 miles today,I'll tell you what,it is not that warm in Wi. yet.On my way back home after the bike was good and warm I noticed a noise that really got my attention,it sounded like metal on metal coming from the motor somewere,I did not lose any power and the bike rode and shifted ok.I have noticed this acouple of times before and the brother in law said,thats just a shovelhead ,they all make that noise when they get warmed up.Is this true or should I be concerned?If anybody is familiar with this,what is it ?Bike is 84 sportster and the motor is 100% stock thanx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good news I located the source of my noise problem,nothing major just a loose rear mount on the gas tank .Thanks for your tip JimmyK thats a pretty informitive site.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
John M said:
Good news I located the source of my noise problem,nothing major just a loose rear mount on the gas tank .Thanks for your tip JimmyK thats a pretty informitive site.

Cool John, glad to hear it. Don't be a stranger now, stick around and jump right in. This is positively the best group of people I've never met! LOL!

Welcome to HD Forum Dot Com!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts