V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
appriaciate all the feedback you dudes have on my shovel. its a project, a work in progress. found out the belt is an alignment problem and having it fixed. but found an oil leak on the valve cover gasket that i replaced about 2 months ago. didn't re-torque the bolts at that time and am wondering if i just tighten them up if that will take care of the problem. or if you don't tighten them down again and they start to leak are they ruined, and i have to do another gasket job? just want to get it all together and ride. the bikes awsome, runs very strong. but i want to get it so i can take some runs up north and i just don't trust it at this time, kinda like a fucked up girlfriend, great in bed but will she mess up on you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Know how you feel Hawk, I have not ridden more than 100 miles from the house on the Pan I got last year. Getting ready to tear it down and things will change after that. You must get comfortable that you can fix any problems that come up and have the parts/tools onhand to do it. I don't want to sound paraniod but do you know what shape your wheel bearings, ect are in. Let me get off my soap box now, heck just enjoy the ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.