V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I understand it, the moderators on this forum do this out of the goodness of their hearts, by that I mean they recieve no money for the hard work they do, (eliminating spam, locking threads, etc.) In light of the recent sale and the fact that the site is pulling in more money from advertising and membership fees, it only seems right that the Mods should be paid!!!!!

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
I don't want it to be a "job". I don't want to be paid. I enjoy the forum and the people in it. That is enough for me. I enjoy my time here enough to volunteer to do what I do. If it becomes a chore and I start disliking it, I'm done and someone else can do it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement though.

Bob

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
How many mods are there? It seems as if there's a bunch of green names but I guess I only see about three active ones. So I am guessing the next hurdle would be to figure out if it should be a salaried position or hourly?

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
BVBOB said:
As I understand it, the moderators on this forum do this out of the goodness of their hearts, by that I mean they recieve no money for the hard work they do, (eliminating spam, locking threads, etc.) In light of the recent sale and the fact that the site is pulling in more money from advertising and membership fees, it only seems right that the Mods should be paid!!!!!
Your kidding right?
If there making so much from advertising then no dues! Other sites seem to do fine without mods or dues. I don't think they have em , i never noticed them.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
There is a saying i'm sure you all are familiar with, "you get what you pay for." Need i say more.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
BVBOB said:
As I understand it, the moderators on this forum do this out of the goodness of their hearts, by that I mean they receive no money for the hard work they do, (eliminating spam, locking threads, etc.) In light of the recent sale and the fact that the site is pulling in more money from advertising and membership fees, it only seems right that the Mods should be paid!!!!!
Thanks for the gesture but I'll pass...

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
No.........

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Only the good ones.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
They might not get payed, but if they did they sure earned their money today.

Nicky

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
mori55 said:
Your kidding right?
If there making so much from advertising then no dues! Other sites seem to do fine without mods or dues. I don't think they have em , i never noticed them.
This Utopia with no mods that you speak of...
It's not a place that would hypocritically claim to have no mods and ban no one, but that would simply turn off an individual's permissions to all forums on the site if they decided they didn't like the guy, is it?

·
Banned
254 Posts
MegaGlide said:
This Utopia with no mods that you speak of...
It's not a place that would hypocritically claim to have no mods and ban no one, but that would simply turn off an individual's permissions to all forums on the site if they decided they didn't like the guy, is it?

With NO Mods... No membership fees... and NO sponsors, board membership is based on participation...

If your participation sucks, you're membership expires. Leaves no room for political agenda to be discussed...plain and simple.

Comparing that place to this is like....
Oh hell, there is no comparison. ^rolleyez^

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
ra·tion·al·ize (răsh'ə-nə-līz')

v., -ized, -iz·ing, -iz·es.

v.tr.
To devise self-satisfying but incorrect reasons for (one's behavior): “Many shoppers still rationalize luxury purchases as investments” (Janice Castro).

v.intr.
To devise self-satisfying but incorrect reasons for one's behavior.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
ob·fus·cate /ˈɒbfəˌskeɪt, ɒbˈfʌskeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ob-fuh-skeyt, ob-fuhs-keyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing. 1. to confuse, bewilder, or stupefy.
2. to make obscure or unclear: to obfuscate a problem with extraneous information.
3. to darken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1525–35; < LL obfuscātus (ptp. of obfuscāre to darken), equiv. to L ob- ob- + fusc(us) dark + -ātus -ate1]

—Related forms
ob·fus·ca·tion, noun
ob·fus·ca·to·ry /ɒbˈfʌskəˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ob-fuhs-kuh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective

—Synonyms 1. muddle, perplex. 2. cloud.
—Antonyms 1. clarify.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
pon·tif·i·cate (pŏn-tĭf'ĭ-kĭt, -kāt') Pronunciation Key
n. The office or term of office of a pontiff.

intr.v. (-kāt') pon·tif·i·cat·ed, pon·tif·i·cat·ing, pon·tif·i·cates

To express opinions or judgments in a dogmatic way.
To administer the office of a pontiff.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
for·ni·cate (fôr'nĭ-kāt') Pronunciation Key
intr.v. for·ni·cat·ed, for·ni·cat·ing, for·ni·cates
To commit fornication.

[Late Latin fornicārī, fornicāt-, from fornix, fornic-, vault, vaulted cellar, brothel; see gwher- in Indo-European roots.]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts