V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off - Hello Everyone!

I own a 2002 1200 Custom Sportster which currently has 3000 miles on it. I have changed the oil at 1000 and 2500 miles.

Now on to my issue, I started off on my bike this morning and upon taking off it started to bogg in all gears. I went back to the garage and checked all my spark plug connections and then started off again and it took off just fine. Also, I noticed that my hi-beam display light is not working, however, the light itself is - Very Frustruating.

I phoned my local harley shop and decided to get a quote on the first service and informed them of my display light issue. They asked if I made any other modifications to the bike and informed them that I put Cycle Shack slip ons onto the bike. Well, that bumped the price up to $500 due to the need of rejetting and a new air filter kit. My question is, should I have them perform the rejetting and installation of the new air filter kit or could I just do this on my own? The additional cost for this is approximately $250 parts and labor.

Thanks for your help.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
i dont know anything about the sportster but if the carb is as easy to get at as my 95 bigtwin then it is pie to rejet. dont even need to remove the carb.

·
Registered
30 Posts
DIY! for sure. All bikers should wrench on their bikes is they're so inclined. With the money you'll save in labor fees you will eventually be able to purchase yourself a nice tool set. See, save money at shops lets one go out and buy tools. :cool:. Go to this site and you'll be amazed with all the info. www.nightrider.com

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have a friend at a local HD dealer that works in the parts dept. He is going to get me a phat discount on the parts prior to having the service done. This should save me some $ this time around. I will continue to service my bike from here on out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts