V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you Electra Glide owners have the short smoked windshield on your rig? Does it work? or are you in the wind totally? I think they LOOK really cool, but I'm real spoiled by my standard windshield, especially in a downpour

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have the short smoked winshield on my Ultra and I like it. I'm 5'10" and it fits mee but a friend is 6' and its to short for him and he catches air. But you might be talking about the black wind deflector, The ones I've seen with them on are getting hit with all the air. They dont look much good for anything to me but looking cool.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have the 6 inch smoked windscreen and I am six foot tall it seems to me that I catch more wind that a bike without a fairing. It get directed off the fairing right in to my face. Also if you want a sleeker look you might check the fairing mounted mirrors. I only run the short one around town when I'm trying to look cool. LOL

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have it, and didn't care for it...

I used it once, and realised I liked the full size windshield.

Infact, I'll sell you mine, for $75, shipped anywhere lower 48. It's been on the bike once, for 1/2 hour only. In original box.

Mitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts