V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There:

I installed passing lamps on my 02' XLC and for a few weeks they worked great. Now one light burns out, replace that one, then the other one burns out. And the cycle repeats itself. I am now hearing a clicking noise, by the battery, which tells me there is a short somewhere. This is confusing due to the fuse is not burned out??? Also, I have checked and I do not see any bald wires touching? Any suggestions? Oh by the way, I am a chick and although I have lots of miles under my belt, the electrical thing boggles me a bit.

Thanks,

GoneRiding

·
Registered
250 Posts
Passing lamps are grounded at the lamp. I.e., only one wire goes out there - usually a gray/black wire from the switch and a yellow wire from the switch to the Headlight yellow wire (circuit source).

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
You may have better luck reposting this in the Sportster section. I'm not familair with that model but relays make clicking noises. There may be a relay near the battery that is controled by the light switch, and the relay turns the lights on. Disconnect the extra lights or pull the bulbs and see if the clicking stops. Good luck !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts