V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my left turn signal started to cut in and out and then my head light started to do it and then the headlight quit , the hi beam indicator light comes on when i turn my key to the headlight on posistion and the hi-low beam switch is on low .
i cannot find a crossed wire and my headlamp bulb is not burned out . i ride almost every day and where i live a headlight on is a mandatory law and it is also safer - i have almost been hit 3 times in one week without a light.
i am leaving on a 3000 km trip and am stumped. is there a headlight relay that i am missing ?
i ride a 1981 hd. lowrider .
:) i need some help :eek: :rolleyes: :) thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I had a similar problem where about every 3-6 months I was losing the low beam, but the bulb wasn't burnt out, and the highbeam always worked. Open the headlight housing and plug the high beam into the lowbeam to try and duplicate the problem. If the lowbeam comes on when you try this, you may just have a bad wire. My lowbeam had a hard bend at both ends. I simply cut behind the bends and haven't had any lighting problems for a couple of years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts