V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through the threads and searching the internet, trying to come up with the best seat for my situation. I'm 5'2" and have been riding many years; so the challenges of being short and riding motorcycles is not new to me....but I need your help on this one. I just purchased an 02' Fatboy a couple of months ago. I've been busy "making it my own". Here's what I'm down to; I need a seat to move me slightly forward and down. I've thought about lowering the bike, but really don't want to do that. I've looked at the Harley reach seats, but the dealer could not tell me if the solo seat for the 02' will work with a passenger pillion (they can't find a 2 up reach seat that will fit the 02')...of course, they do not have any in stock that I can try. Please help.
Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Will

Have you given any consideration to modifying your current seat, it's very easy..

I shot some photos for another guy in the same "sit"uation, of a seat I had already finished.. I took it apart again just to show him how easy it is..

Once you get into it,, you will see how easy it is to add some foam here and remove some there to get you right at the spot you wish to be..
The only restriction is the sickle's top frame rails, you know,, can't get lower than them..
Even the seat Pan can easily be adjusted with some tools and commitment..

If you're not into pulling some rivets and shaving or adding some foam and pulling tight the cover again, then I won't hear from ya..

[email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Will

Have you given any consideration to modifying your current seat, it's very easy..

I shot some photos for another guy in the same "sit"uation, of a seat I had already finished.. I took it apart again just to show him how easy it is..

Once you get into it,, you will see how easy it is to add some foam here and remove some there to get you right at the spot you wish to be..
The only restriction is the sickle's top frame rails, you know,, can't get lower than them..
Even the seat Pan can easily be adjusted with some tools and commitment..

If you're not into pulling some rivets and shaving or adding some foam and pulling tight the cover again, then I won't hear from ya..

[email protected]
I'm interested. I've modified seats before. I'm thinking of tackling it over the Thanksgiving holidays and would love to see any pics and get any tips from you.
thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Will

I am not ready to figure out the posting of photos yet or using that PM message way so send e mail to my [email protected] mail and I'll send em via "Return to sender"..
Sooo much easier for a computer dum dum like me..

Now that you've told me that you've done similar mods to seats I am Not sure my photos will be All That much informative but, well, you'll be the judge of that,,ready to go when you are........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts