V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm interested in finding out the shortest V-Rod rider on this forum. Specifically, can anyone who is 5’ 4” reach the pegs on a V-rod? :(

I know there are aftermarket pegs, bars, and seats that will help the vertically challenged, but how low can you go?

I'm looking for the facts, but opinions are as always welcome. :cool:

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
477 Posts
HEY SHORTY,

I had a girlfriend of mine sit on my VROD Sunday and she's probably 5'3", maybe 5'4". She could reach the pegs with her feet but thats totally stretched out, not really able to work the controls at all, just a bit too much of a stretch. HD does make a seat which moves you forward 2". Also, there are shocks available from aftermarket vendors that are 1 or 2" shorter which lowers bike accordingly. Arlen Ness is coming out with a set of lowering blocks for the stock shocks to lower bike too(in Dec. or Jan 2003), less expensive than buying more shocks. The front fork tubes can be slid further up in trees readily, dropping front end too. If you want it bad enough, there are ways to make it happen dude.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The bike is awfully low to the ground to begin with -- I'd hate to lose more ground clearance as mine drags its pegs if I'm not careful in turns.

However, I did put on the shorter-reach peg kit. It moves the pegs backwards and upwards by about an inch. I think it's more comfortable and the pegs don't drag as much.

HD also sells a seat that pushes the rider forwards by 2 inches.

Combine the two, and you've reduced the reach to the pegs by 3".

At 5'4", I don't think you'll have any problems flat-footing the bike at stops, and with the seat and peg modifications, you should be able to manipulate the controls no problem -- I'm 5'8", with about a 28" inseam and while sitting on the stock seat I can reach the stock pegs. If you reduce the reach by 3", that means someone with a 25" inseam should be able to reach the feet controls comfortably.

Paul

·
Registered
149 Posts
Scott,

HD makes reduced reach controls for brake and shifter. I installed a badlander seat which reduced seat height a couple of inches, and installed Dyna Low Profile shocks which reduced the rear another 1.5 to 2 inches (see my post).

I'm average height (5'8") and just like the feel of a lower bike.

Pete

·
Registered
149 Posts
The seat is similar to the stock seat in appearance, but the front saddle is cut deeper. It really makes you feel like your sitting in the bike and not on it. Doesn't leave much room to move around but fits my 165 pound frame well. Because the seating area is deeper than stock the Badlander gives more support to your lower back area which is a plus. Seat coushion is harder than stock, but on long runs, this is less tiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts