V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to send a spare set of TC88 jugs to be bored to 95".
Where is a good/great shop/wrench to send them to be bored?
Other than sending the 95" pistons,and the 88" that are in the bike now,
so the new 95's can be balaced to match the weight of the old 88's and the gaskets i'll be useing do i need to send anything else? other than cash and a please that is?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Boring and piston matching... here are two... any where from 110 - 150 plus shipping I would imagine.

Big Boyz Cycles in Maine I believe (and a sponsor here)
Small Block Charlies in AZ

Other will be chiming in shortly with other good choices as well.

Thomas Howard said:
I'm going to send a spare set of TC88 jugs to be bored to 95".
Where is a good/great shop/wrench to send them to be bored?
Other than sending the 95" pistons,and the 88" that are in the bike now,
so the new 95's can be balaced to match the weight of the old 88's and the gaskets i'll be useing do i need to send anything else? other than cash and a please that is?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Might want to aks around your area too. I found a machine shop here that said about $45 a piece. They pretty much work on cars. I would think most machine shops could do it. Don't know. I found this place by asking a auto mechanic, this is where they send there work.

Save on shipping and hopefully quicker.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
if you do use a local machine shop, make sure they know how do it correctly. They MUST use torque plates when doing this procedure....That being said i would use a site sponsor....GMR or BB...THey know how to do it and won't mess them up....

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
berserker said:
Might want to aks around your area too. I found a machine shop here that said about $45 a piece. They pretty much work on cars. I would think most machine shops could do it. Don't know. I found this place by asking a auto mechanic, this is where they send there work.

Save on shipping and hopefully quicker.
Yep, me too! Local, does lots of em, $45 a hole! Save shipping and time!
Otherwise, VTF sponsers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts