V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes good manuels for Harley-Davidsons? Any suggestions? I need one for a 2002 Road King, carb.ed. Thanks. J.T.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Ummmm.... Harley Davidson? You can get one from the dealer. They're not cheap, but I haven't seen shop manuals from anyone that are cheap. And I'd prefer to have one produced by the manufacturer.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
JT,

Service Manual for 2002 Touring Models - PN 99483-02
Electrical Diagnostic Manual for 2002 Touring Models - PN 99497-02
Parts Catalog for 2002 Touring Models - PN 99456-02A

The parts catalog is handy because it has exploded views of all assemblies (so you can figure out how it goes together and comes apart).

wyo

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
I just bought one for $56 plus tax. It is a 2003 touring models service manual. The Road King is also in it. Part # is 99483-03

·
Registered
688 Posts
MarkCuda, Got the same one you did. Pretty much read it from cover to cover. Lots o' info. Same price too!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Chicago Harley

Thealien, You were 100% right, it was cheaper for me to buy them there and have them shipped than to buy them local.

Thanks for the tip!

Gator13

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's cool. After posting, I thought it was sort of a nobrainer, but have purchased manuels from Chilton. I thought that there were companies out there that produced their own. I agree, I would rather have one from the company.(they built it, right) Just didn't know. I've seen some on line(can't remember the company), but wasn't sure. Thanks for the info. Knew I'd get it here. J.T.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts