V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put one on this morning.:thumbsup:
I used the one that's just round and shiny like a baby moon hubcap (crap, I'm showing my age here...) and I like it a lot. I figured if I used the one that you can lock if you want, I'd still have a 50/50 chance of having it locked when I forget my key like I did last week, plus I like the look. Lucky I was close to home when I forgot the key, so I didn't have to wait for another late model Harley to stop so I could use his key. After the trip home and to the gas station, it did take 5.02 gallons.:yikes:

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
I put the one on you can still lock if you want, but they did not make the "baby moon" unit when I bought mine. If they did, I would have bought it, I never lock it anyway.
5.02 Gallons in a 5 gallon tank. Sounds like the pumps are a little off.:whatever:
Glad you did not have to push it.~!Awesome!

·
Registered
977 Posts
MegaGlide,

That's the one I have on my 02 Ultra. It froze up on me a few weeks ago, pushing the button down would not engage the latch to move backwards and disengage.

Took it apart, sprayed WD-40 inside and let it sit overnight. Reinstalled it and it works great !!

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
baby moon unit??????????/

OK what's the part number for this unit. I have only seen the one that locks open or closed; the push button unit.

I seem to always have the key in the bottom of a saddle bag under piles of stuff when I need gas. I hate the OEM units to the point where I've taken them off two bikes and leave the hole open. That looks tacky but it works.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
You can always be cheap and just turn the stock one around. No muss, no fuss, no key needed and no expense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts