V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Enclosed is a diagram of Drag Specialities Forward Controls for FXR.

I need Item 19 'Bushings' because mine are scored up and causing resistance in the shifter lever.

I've contacted Dennis Kirk, RevZilla and others but no one can assist.

These 'Bushings' must be available for other shifter shafts from either Harley or other manufacturers, likely called something else. Maybe finger rollers. Would appreciate where I can find these.

Thanks.....

Attachments

·
Registered
18,013 Posts
Is there an indie shop close to you that's a Drag Specialities dealer? Maybe they can help.

Reactions: Racepres

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi.

Enclosed is a diagram of Drag Specialities Forward Controls for FXR.

I need Item 19 'Bushings' because mine are scored up and causing resistance in the shifter lever.

I've contacted Dennis Kirk, RevZilla and others but no one can assist.

These 'Bushings' must be available for other shifter shafts from either Harley or other manufacturers, likely called something else. Maybe finger rollers. Would appreciate where I can find these.

Thanks.....

Those are not proprietary bushings and Drag will be of no help to you. I suggest to remove the existing bushings, and measure the ID of the hole, the OD of the shaft and look at someplace like McMaster - Carr for a bushing that fits the hole and can have the center hole reamed or honed to size.

That being said, I would toss those forward controls in the trash or give them to a friend that you dont really like. IME, not even worth the calories used to discuss them on this forum.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
lowes has a good selection...if you cant find em...prob a common od fit size....may have to drill/ream id tho...prob go with single full lenght peice as an upgrade too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts