V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I´m looking to buy a shift linkage from forum sponsor Mickey for my 06 Street Bob. We´re not sure what the length of the original shift linkage is though. HD makes a different one for pre06 and 06 and later Wide Glides and Dynas with forward controls.

I´m in Germany right now, so I can´t measure it for myself. Could one of you owners of an 06 Wide Glide or 06 and later Dyna with forward controls do me a favor and measure the length of the shift linkage center bolt to center bolt?

Thanks!
Sponk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 06 Bob and put the WG forward controls kit on it (49080-06).
The length of the shift rod (bolt centers) is 14 3/4". It is a straight rod and the bolts point opposite of each other. I am wanting to put 2" extensions on but cannot find any. Good luck.

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I almost forgot to thank ya!
Thanks for taking the time!

Sponk

·
Registered
142 Posts
vjroadrat said:
The length of the shift rod (bolt centers) is 14 3/4". It is a straight rod and the bolts point opposite of each other. I am wanting to put 2" extensions on but cannot find any. Good luck.
I just bought a 99 WG that previous owner added extensions on it and need remove them (I'm only 5'10").... There is a mechanic at the car dealer who sold me the bike that is going to remove and save them for me... Getting it on Tues 9 Oct... Lemme know if I can help... These what you need?

·
Registered
39 Posts
These are just the brackets right? What is the distance between the centers(narrow end)? How much do you want? Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
vjroadrat said:
These are just the brackets right? What is the distance between the centers(narrow end)? How much do you want? Thanks.
Dunno either just yet.... Will be picking it up tomorrow (I haven't even seen it yet). The linkage is also different of course, I think they are charging me $200 for the two stock linkages (shifter & brake). Would that seem fair for the whole deal, brackets, bolts, and linkage. Will not be checking back on the site until I return...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry, have been gone camping and fishing for the past week. No thanks for the parts. I already have forward controls, I just want to move them out a couple more inches. Thanks for the offer.

·
Gravel
23 Posts
vjroadrat said:
Drag Specialties has 2" and 3" extentions.
Gravel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts