V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
did u get any pictures of the black one behind the torquoise one?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The black one is mine. I'll have to get some new pics up, but there are some in my profile that show what it was when I bought it. I've been [very] slowly fixing it up. Latest was top end rebuild and timing adjustment. On the list is new seat, exhaust, remove gas tank dent, paint, starter clutch, lights (blinkers/run/stop combined), and I want to move the forward controls back about an inch. That's not in any particular order, but I'm getting to it as I can.

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a hold of Badlands, end up buying their Illuminator Pro-III after getting some great customer service. Install is [hopefully] this weekend.

Sorry, 84fxr, I'm not sure which pipes they are.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Finally!!!

Finally got around to taking some pictures. I got the bike back on the road and it's running great. I did a top end rebuild, all new electrical (including battery cables), installed a Badlands Illuminator Pro III, LED tru wrapz on the front forks for run/blinkers, LEDs on the rear fender for run/blinker/stop, took the wrap off of the Thunderheader, and added the new high flow Pingel petcock.

The liquid filled 60lbs oil pressure gauge mounted to the rocker already broke so I removed it and then reconnected the gauge in the tank dash.

I had the local HD dealer install a new starter clutch and the oil cooler, and the local paint shop did the new paint.

Did somebody ask, "Ever notice how a little job can grow into a big one?"

I'm still looking for options on what to do with the Thunderheader, I want to keep it but it at least needs paint. I also have to hide all of the new wiring, but was waiting for bit until I've seen that nothing was shorting out or routed in a bad spot.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts