V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shalom everybody and good day.
It must be morning over your states but here it's night time.
OK' I bougth my first bike when I was 17 years old.
It was a suzuki TSX50cc model and it was fun.
During the years I had some regular bikes and sport bikes as well like:
FZR600, CBR900, R750.
I always loved harley's and custom bikes bur it seamd so far away from me, like sometime when I'll be 40 with beer belly.:bleh:
But sometimes it just hit's you when you least expecting it.
I saw my bike at first in a dealership in tel-aviv and I got so entusiastic
that I couldent sleep that night.
In the next morning I peak'd up the phone and called the dealership and asked about price and other deatels, I got ther to take it for a spin and felt for it. I'ts not a harley but it did it to me. I had to have it.
To make a long story short I bougt the suzuki marauder vz 800 year model 97.
I know that for you it must sound like an old bike but for me it was out of reach to own a custom bike that fits me and that it is not a real harley.
Driving seans:
:nfu2: link one
:bleh: link two. driving in jerusalem inside the walls
and some pictures:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Since you posted link one using :nfu2:, I say right back at ya with this :2flips: .

Welcome to the forums.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Nice looking motorsickle. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bru'Cheem Ha Bayim

(Which is Hebrew for "Welcome" for all you who don't speak the language.)

Congrats on the new bike. Keep saving those shekels and someday you'll have the bike of your dreams.

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
Sammy457 said:
(Which is Hebrew for "Welcome" for all you who don't speak the language.)

Congrats on the new bike. Keep saving those shekels and someday you'll have the bike of your dreams.

Nice transliteration :).

Welcome jalaad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P 0 P E Y E said:
Thanks for the bird.

Enjoy the forum.
I have to ask: What bird?

Thank you all for wellcoming me.:thanks:
I have read some of the theards h=here and it seams very pro.
looking forward for more good times to come.:yes:

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Welcome!:cheers:

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Shalom from California Jalaad, hope you enjoy the site. Nice looking bike you have. What's it like riding a bike in Israel? I was there in February '05 and just driving a car around was nerve wracking. I couldn't imagine trying to navigate around Jerusalem on a bike especially near the Old City, that traffic seemed like total chaos to me. Also where did you take those photos? The third one looks like maybe West Bank or near the Dead Sea?

Joe

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Cool video Jalaad, I've walked those streets a few times. Even ate lunch in that pizza place on the left at the beginning of the video(Rami's Pizza), I loved wandering around the Old City.

Joe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shalom....Heading to Israel in March. Only wish I could ride my Springer...but I hear the bridge between New York and Tel Aviv is not finished yet. I'd love to ride the road from Jericho to Masada.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Bobber rider said:
i'm here too.
as i told u these is the best forum for harleys and v-twins all togeather.

shalom lekulam.
You'r here too, Its everywher I go now,:265: no privecy:D just kidding.
jasilva said:
Shalom from California Jalaad, hope you enjoy the site. Nice looking bike you have. What's it like riding a bike in Israel? I was there in February '05 and just driving a car around was nerve wracking. I couldn't imagine trying to navigate around Jerusalem on a bike especially near the Old City, that traffic seemed like total chaos to me. Also where did you take those photos? The third one looks like maybe West Bank or near the Dead Sea?

Joe
the picture was taken in the arava road which is right next to the "withow maker" in my way to eilat last summer durring the sun rise in the morning.
Also for your imagination, imagine this. riding a bike here is like a mission imposible, but every time we get home we say mission accomplised, sir'.
But we are use to it so we dont give a damn, It's our hot tempre.
Bakintheday said:
Shalom....Heading to Israel in March. Only wish I could ride my Springer...but I hear the bridge between New York and Tel Aviv is not finished yet. I'd love to ride the road from Jericho to Masada.
Contect me before you come and I will see what I can do for you to help making your visit in our country loveable as more as possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bakintheday said:
i'm from tel aviv, keep in touch and i'll b happy to show u tel aviv and the harley dealer in israel.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
HELL-RIDER said:
i'm from tel aviv, keep in touch and i'll b happy to show u tel aviv and the harley dealer in israel.
Hopefully you and Jalaad and Bobber Rider enjoy being members here and visit often. If that invitation is good for more than one, I'll look you up next year. I'm planning to be there in Feb. or March of '07 with a few friends. Does the Harley dealer there have rental bikes? As scary as the thought of Jerusalem traffic is on a bike I bet it would be a great way to see the country. Speaking of which I was amazed at how similar Israel is to California. Weather and terrain made it feel like home.:thumbsup:

Joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts