V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I just thought i'd drop a little info in here for people who are wanting to do any kind of rear fender on their softail. I gave a call a bit ago to a company here in TX that has a rear fender conversion that is sweet.. Thing looks great and best part is the ingenuity the guy put in his rear fender. You can put his conversion on without removing the rear tire, no holes, no crazy fab skills, and it may suit a bit of you. The best part about his rear fender is that it is way cheaper than other people's fenders that I see alot of you may be forced to pay for if you don't know about his.. Trust me this isn't an advertisement just wanna let you guys know, cuz I found out by word of mouth ya know. anyways check out his site http://www.shadetreefabrications.com I called the first time to put in an order and the phone went to voicemail, but then the guy who does the work owns the co. called me back.. he really will work with you as well if you want any custom touches. What else I like is he does lots of brass castings for you as well. Cool dude.. I plan on buying lots of stuff from him as well...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I dropped the train off at shadetree fabrications today. I must say this, they run an excellent shop there. Instead of just talking money and what I can do like dealerships and other places that way over charge for rear fender kits I was treated more like a long lost family member and welcomed with open arms talking and catching up on old times and my interests. The guy running the place and doing the fab gave me an excellent tour around and we laughed and looked at each others bikes. It was a feeling like dealing with a good ol homegrown shop you always knew. Well I know you guys are all gonna say "This thread is worthless without pics", so give me a bit and I'll throw em up here for everyone to see. I encourage everyone to at least take a look at the website if you want a fender conversion for a softail but cant afford the other expensive ones I have heard alot.. I got something in store for you guys soon with the pictures as soon as I get her back. If you do visit the site and like what you see give em a call. It was a great little place to deal with and can see alot of future deals as well. Good people man, damn good people.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,761 Posts
Please learn about paragraphs. I have no idea what you devoted so much effort to because those large, nonstop blocks of text are hard for some of us OFs to read.

joe

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad I mean I always use paragraphs on my term papers, but I never thought it was easier to read because of that. Is the text the right size as well?

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,761 Posts
My bad I mean I always use paragraphs on my term papers, but I never thought it was easier to read because of that. Is the text the right size as well?
Text size doesn't matter. I can adjust it here. And, more and more often, need to.

joe

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I will get pics as soon as possible.

I understand about the eyes, these computers hurt especially after staring at the screen and I have 20/20 vision..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I been riding the **** outta this thing so far sorry it took me forever to get pics on here, but I been having fun...

·
Registered
2 Posts
clearly an advertisement...the guy is a rip off with poor craftsmanship. ripped me off, gave me something i didn't ask for, but won't take it back because what I asked for "couldn't be done"...then why didn't he just say that when I asked for it, rather than go and do his own thing and charge me for it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey did me pretty well ringworm.. And seeing as I was rushing him a bit I could only imagine if he woulda had more time.. What exactly is the big rip off you speak of? He trusted me with a handshake on way over a thousand bucks, so if I ever want anything that is the kind of guy I wanna fool with. Small guys get so much of a bad wrap because they dont deliver as fast as amazon.com, but everyone knows with alot of the big online biz u can get a bad product.. He definetley isnt a guy to rip anyone off.. So advertise that.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
clearly an advertisement...the guy is a rip off with poor craftsmanship. ripped me off, gave me something i didn't ask for, but won't take it back because what I asked for "couldn't be done"...then why didn't he just say that when I asked for it, rather than go and do his own thing and charge me for it.
sounds like you need to explain in a little more detail rather than an ambiguous statement

1 - 11 of 11 Posts