V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Continuation from locked "Live 105.3 - Please Read" thread...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Live 105 Morning Show: Jeff "Woody" Fife, Renae Ravey and Tony Mott. They recently filled Howard Stern's old morning slot on Live 105.

What was said…

On the morning on 12 January 2006, the radio station 105.3 in San Francisco, the morning disc jockeys make the following statements on the air regarding motorcyclists:

(Here's my best shot at a full transcript of the original segment from the DJs, from the start through the finish of their segment. They finished, and then when calls started coming in later, they talked some more.)

Woody:
All right, so uh.. I don’t… you know. It doesn’t really matter what you think about abortion in the case of this story because we all feel the same way about traffic.
Everybody should suffer equally.

And I’m even talking about people on motorcycles. One of my pet peeves, we’re going to get into a whole pet peeves segment later in the show but, one of my pet peeves is people on motorcycles who think they don’t have to wait in traffic like everybody else. Like just because your car is skinnier – that’d be like someone in a mini cooper squeezin’ between traffic and weaving in and out.

Renae: Sure, same thing

Woody: Like you can’t do that.

And nothing would make me happier than to watch somebody – and I’ve actually seen this one time – somebody open a door and take you out if you’re trying to squeeze through people who have been sitting in traffic for 45 minutes.

Tony: If it didn’t rip my door off, I’d probably do it.

Woody:
I don’t want to see anyone get hurt, honestly, but I mean you get so mad, so frustrated. It’s kinda like those guys who haul ass past you on the freeway going like a hundred and sixty miles an hour on their crotch rocket. You like… you know what, I hope…I hope you crash.

Renae: It’s like I look forward to seeing up ahead…

Woody: Splattered.

Renae: Splattered.

{laughter – I think Renae and Tony.}

Woody: Just for being an a-hole, right? So everybody should just suffer equally. Otherwise society just plunges into chaos.

{end of segment}

LANE SPLITTING (sharing) IS LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA

:thumbsdn:

The story originally exploded on the Bay Area Riders Forum (BARF), and within hours stretched across the country and overseas. The original developments, contacts, letters written, etc., can be viewed here on BARF: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149060&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Your support is requested... please contact the radio station, the AMA, the FCC, the Governator, motorcyle news sources, etc. and let them know how you feel (politely).

Some Contacts:

Live 105
http://www.live105.com/interact/contact/default.htm
Business Line
(415) 402-6700
Request Line
(415) 478-LIVE
Toll free
(800) 696-1053
Sprint PCS

Snail Mail
All written inquiries should be addressed to:
LIVE 105
865 Battery Street,
Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111

FCC:
FCC's web page on "How to File a Complaint":

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/oip/Compl.html

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Gonna stay out of the whole rules and WYO stuff-You Know I love you "dude.

Doc whenever I here or read thet crap it makes my blood boil. Just a bunch of fukin' jealous c*nts in cages that don't have the balls in life to do what we do or wish they were on the bike, even when I'm in my car stuck in traffic and i see a bike split lanes it just reminds me of why i should have ridden instead.

Now if I ever saw some one even thinkin' about opening their door even if i was in my car a good headkicking would be in order.:nunu:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have to agree with the good dr on this one. It isn't about some other forums dirty laundry... this misses the point entirely. It is about encouraging physical harm on a motorcyclist for doing what it is legal to do. Petty forum turf wars are not even in the radar screen here... they were just the initial reporting source. I could give a crap about BARF, but to make this issue about BARF is ludicrous.

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
Its totally legal to SPLIT Lanes in CALI. Technically no part of the bike is to cross into a different lane, though, is what the POLICE Man from this forum stated. "They Will Make The STOP" was his words.

With regards to that radio station, it would be a real shame if some rotten eggs landed on their front door.....Now wouldn't it!

This is an issue that all bikers need to be aware of, there are people out there that flap their trap to make a buck. What a bunch of losers talking like that. Cali has major road rage problems and they want to stir up the pot like that. SHAME ON THEM.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seamonkeyman said:
Its totally legal to SPLIT Lanes in CALI. Technically no part of the bike is to cross into a different lane, though, is what the POLICE Man from this forum stated. "They Will Make The STOP" was his words.

With regards to that radio station, it would be a real shame if some rotten eggs landed on their front door.....Now wouldn't it!

This is an issue that all bikers need to be aware of, there are people out there that flap their trap to make a buck. What a bunch of losers talking like that. Cali has major road rage problems and they want to stir up the pot like that. SHAME ON THEM.

Actually, about 40 riders, from various clubs, groups, forums, etc., showed up in front of the station this morning to make their presence known. Very well behaved and quiet.... just a little protest that made the local news.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
OK reading the original thread-and to my feeble mind-I can't see where that rule applies here. I mean there is no flaming, no dirty laundry it was just a source of information. Sort of like the "why it's not safe to wave thread" was linked from another forum.:hmmm:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
Are you f-ing kidding me???
Hi Doc.

No I'm no fukking kidding.

If the topic is so fukken important then start a thread and state your case.

Don't post a link to some thread from another forum as this is not allowed.

Rather straightforward but let me know if you need further clarification.

regards,

wyo

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
just another example of liberal training and thought patterns.
"not fair"
not equal for everyone
we should all have to wait in line like the sheep we are
my rights have been infringed upon.
school children will starve and the elderly are denied medication.
the sky is falling.

makes ya want to take a few d-9 cats a help that fuuuked up place fall into the ocean.

·
Turgid member
1,941 Posts
claydbal said:
just another example of liberal training and thought patterns.
"not fair"
not equal for everyone
we should all have to wait in line like the sheep we are
my rights have been infringed upon.
school children will starve and the elderly are denied medication.
the sky is falling.makes ya want to take a few d-9 cats a help that fuuuked up place fall into the ocean.
Just to clear things up, it just so happens that the disc joker is from back east somewhere and just got hired. Now don't get me wrong, that's why this place IS so fuuuked up as you put it, as many thousands with the same mental disorders preceeded him. Hell, I'll give you a hand with the D-9s.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Apologies wyo, you were doing what seemed fit.

Mods, please adjust title (see my title edit that didn't change main title) so we can use this as a productive thread.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
My Apologies wyo, you were doing what seemed fit.

Mods, please adjust title (see my title edit that didn't change main title) so we can use this as a productive thread.
How's that?

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
Continuation from locked "Live 105.3 - Please Read" thread...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Live 105 Morning Show: Jeff "Woody" Fife, Renae Ravey and Tony Mott. They recently filled Howard Stern's old morning slot on Live 105.

What was said…

On the morning on 12 January 2006, the radio station 105.3 in San Francisco, the morning disc jockeys make the following statements on the air regarding motorcyclists:

(Here's my best shot at a full transcript of the original segment from the DJs, from the start through the finish of their segment. They finished, and then when calls started coming in later, they talked some more.)

Woody:
All right, so uh.. I don’t… you know. It doesn’t really matter what you think about abortion in the case of this story because we all feel the same way about traffic.
Everybody should suffer equally.

And I’m even talking about people on motorcycles. One of my pet peeves, we’re going to get into a whole pet peeves segment later in the show but, one of my pet peeves is people on motorcycles who think they don’t have to wait in traffic like everybody else. Like just because your car is skinnier – that’d be like someone in a mini cooper squeezin’ between traffic and weaving in and out.

Renae: Sure, same thing

Woody: Like you can’t do that.

And nothing would make me happier than to watch somebody – and I’ve actually seen this one time – somebody open a door and take you out if you’re trying to squeeze through people who have been sitting in traffic for 45 minutes.

Tony: If it didn’t rip my door off, I’d probably do it.

Woody:
I don’t want to see anyone get hurt, honestly, but I mean you get so mad, so frustrated. It’s kinda like those guys who haul ass past you on the freeway going like a hundred and sixty miles an hour on their crotch rocket. You like… you know what, I hope…I hope you crash.

Renae: It’s like I look forward to seeing up ahead…

Woody: Splattered.

Renae: Splattered.

{laughter – I think Renae and Tony.}

Woody: Just for being an a-hole, right? So everybody should just suffer equally. Otherwise society just plunges into chaos.

{end of segment}

LANE SPLITTING (sharing) IS LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA

:thumbsdn:

The story originally exploded on the Bay Area Riders Forum (BARF), and within hours stretched across the country and overseas. The original developments, contacts, letters written, etc., can be viewed here on BARF: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149060&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Your support is requested... please contact the radio station, the AMA, the FCC, the Governator, motorcyle news sources, etc. and let them know how you feel (politely).

Some Contacts:

Live 105
http://www.live105.com/interact/contact/default.htm
Business Line
(415) 402-6700
Request Line
(415) 478-LIVE
Toll free
(800) 696-1053
Sprint PCS

Snail Mail
All written inquiries should be addressed to:
LIVE 105
865 Battery Street,
Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111

FCC:
FCC's web page on "How to File a Complaint":

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/oip/Compl.html

I told them I can understand that they dont like motorcycles. And, I hoped they could understand why I dont like **** like them.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Here in NJ, lane splitting is illegal. When I'm in my car stuck in traffic and I see some guy riding a bike up in between cars, I feel the same way. I wouldn't open my door or anything and I don't think many people would, but it is annoying. The same goes for cars riding up the shoulder during stopped traffic.

Is it legal in CA? If it is, maybe he didn't know. Either way, I don't take any DJ seriously in what they say - it's radio and they're just trying to stir up some controversy.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
zeusrock1 said:
Here in NJ, lane splitting is illegal. When I'm in my car stuck in traffic and I see some guy riding a bike up in between cars, I feel the same way. I wouldn't open my door or anything and I don't think many people would, but it is annoying. The same goes for cars riding up the shoulder during stopped traffic.

Is it legal in CA? If it is, maybe he didn't know. Either way, I don't take any DJ seriously in what they say - it's radio and they're just trying to stir up some controversy.
So what is it that bothers you about lane splitting? Is it that the guy is moving and you are not? :dunno: I think lane splitting works great in traffic jams. I have done it many times. What are you gonna do sit there and let your bike overheat? CHP here in Ca. does it all day long if needed.
It is a way of life around these parts and I see it done hundreds of times a day without a problem. BTW I drive a truck all day long and see all kinds of stupid ****.

·
Rider
848 Posts
I sent em an e-mail and asked why they didn't go after bicycles instead. After all, bicycles don't even pay road tax and still pass you in traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
There's always the option of changing the station you are listening to. This country does have freedom of speech. The best thing you can do is don't listen to them anymore (ever), and don't support their sponsors. Money talks.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
zeusrock1 said:

Why do you care if a bike is driving down the road and youtr and traffic? If he stayed in traffic you would still be stuck there. Hes not hurting you. Possibilly helping you ot, by getting more vehicles out of the traffic jam. If it isn't hurting you, who cares. Its just jeasousy.

As for my earlier comment about bicycles. My problem with them riding down the middle of the road is they cannot do the speed limit. So they are then holding me up. They have no right to hold me up. I do not think there is any comparision to them and bikes. Bikes can do the speed limit.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,791 Posts
berserker said:
As for my earlier comment about bicycles. My problem with them riding down the middle of the road is they cannot do the speed limit. So they are then holding me up. They have no right to hold me up. I do not think there is any comparision to them and bikes. Bikes can do the speed limit.
They also seem to think that traffic signs/lights don't apply to them.

Joe

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Ya some do. They get to red, stop and then go. They want it both ways.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts