V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a service manual last Saturday. Parts guys had some fun when I asked for a service manual for a Vrod. They claimed it was still written in German on the back of a napkin. I told them as long as it had pictures, that was OK. Lots of good info. After reading thru it, there were several references to an additional manual for the electrical components. Any one pick up the second manual?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guys: Did you happen to check out Chapter 6 - the cooling system? My Service Manual is missing pages 6-1 to 6-18. Then the Transimission section (Chapter 7) starts. And pages 6-19 to 6-22 are repeated in the Transmission section again. Do any of you have the same problem?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine is a 2002. It has those pages.
I know mine is different from the dealers.
His had a few less pictures.
Sometimes in the text it will refer me to the wrong picture.
No print date. Part no. 99501-02A

·
Registered
450 Posts
The electrical manual is VERY Valuable addition to your V-ROD maintenance. It will expllain in easy to understand language how all of the sensors work and interact with each other and how the ECM works along with the diagnostic codes for all of the conditions that you may run into. It is invaluable when running down the wiring diagrams as well.

My recommendation is that BOTH the shop manual and the electrical manual are well worth the money.

Consider this BOTH manuals are about the same price of 2 hours of labor at the dealers shop.

Regards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts