V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best service manual out there for a 96 dyna - conv.

i want something that we go really in depth into all areas of the bike, and that also lists all the recommended service items and intervals.

thanks in advance.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
This is the one case where genuine HD is he only way to go. Look on Ebay for one. Also, I think J & P sells factory manuals.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Good suggestion from Logical. I had looked all over for a manual for my 2000 FLHT and found that the dealer's price was just as good as anyone else's. Now for an older bike it may be different.

FYI, I paid $56. I believe that's what most are advertised at/around. Seems like a steep price to pay, but look, if you only use it once you will probably save yourself that much and more. It's a good investment.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I should qualify my suggestion. I was suggesting Ebay for a manual for a bike more than a year old...you can find deals on barely used ones or even left over new ones. On a new bike, people usually pay stupid prices on Ebay...I saw a 2002 softail manual go for $63 plus shipping....even the dealers charge less than that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i found an HD one in chrome specialties that my local shop said would run me around 55 bucks so i am gonna look on ebay for a while and if i cant find a better deal there than i am just going to order the one from CS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got mine from a dealer in Tacoma. I paid $50.00 for it two years ago. I use it all the time and would consider it a must have. I've tried other manuals in the distant past , namely Clymer and found them useful but nothing beats the HD manual.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Hey Fellas,

HD publishes three types of manuals for each model (or family); parts, service and electric diagnostics. Rustler has a page on his web site that lists the relevant part numbers. http://www.geocities.com/~tex_rustler/hd-manuals.html

I ordered the manuals for my '02 fatboy from Chicago HD (20% off list).

Regards,

wyodude

1 - 8 of 8 Posts