V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on buying a 03 Softail service manual for sure. Is there any cheaper place to get one than my local dealer (retail H-D price)? Also, is it worth buying a parts manual too?

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
i get 10% off at my local dealer. ive heard you can get 15% off internet order through chicago harley davidson, not sure of the website though. keep an eye on e-bay too. i made my first purchase last week, a low profile passenger pillion. it is $95 outta the hd book, but i got it off ebay for $60 total shipping and all, and it is brand spanking new, never used.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
If you are going to do your own maint and other stuff, the parts manual is invaluable. I think the bike you are getting also has a separate Electrical Manual now. Also invaluable.

You can get a 20% discount at Hale's HD, Mansfield, Ohio. 419-522-8602. Ask for Jenni in parts. You do need to have the parts numbers handy though but you can get those from your local dealer.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do Hales and Chicago H-D give those discount price on manuals too? Both my local dealers have had recent 20% off sales, but neither of them will give the discount on 03 manuals. Thanks for the input. What about that electrical manual??? Im pretty good with fixing mechanical things, but never been much good with electrical stuff (on a car anyway, but I would imagine a Harley is a little less complicated). With the electrical manual would someone like me be able to handle the electrical stuff, or am I best off taking the bike to the dealer for electrical problems.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Chicago Harley gives 20% discount on the manuals. You have to go to their parts section and enter the part number.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You may even want to consider a parts manual too.

Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
A service manual is a great idea if you plan on doing any of your own wrenching. I would stick with a Harley manual as some of the after market ones can have errors. Also it will be difficult to find an after market one for a scoot this new. A parts manual can be handy to have. It will save time at the stealer and make online ordering much easier. As far as where to get one try the sources above or Ebay.

Good luck and have fun with your new scoot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts