V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone having problems with v476 software and 05 ECM programming?

i had to buy new 476 software(lost CD & got new laptop) for a SERT i purchased in 2005 and seem to be having problems.

i can connect to the ECM fine and get "ECM info" show VIN, current Map, etc.

however, it gets about 20% through uploading the new program and i get an error that says "ECM Access Failure" "The ECM is not allowing access for Programming" "ECM Access Denied, Quitting".

i read on another forum that someone else mentioned that 476 & 05 ECMs are having problems.

hate to have to spend another $20.

if anyone knows where i can get access to 462 software, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Harley put out a service bulletin on this. The tuner at the local dealer had the same problem when tuning my 05. He had to un-install the new version and put the prior version on to tune the bike.

Might try calling/email Zanotti and see if they can give you the part number for the older version and order it, or call a few dealer and see if they have any in stock

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Per Bulletin TT340...(the pertinent paragraph):

"It has also been determined that the new software, version 476 has issues communicating
with ECM part # 32534-05; it may quit installing at 20%. The solution is to reinstall software
version 462 for this ECM. This issue is only known to effect the -05 ECM, the -05A/B/C are
not affected. Again, verifying ECM part # prior to installing EFI Tuner is the best practice."

The CD p/n for the 462 Software is 32117-01J which came with the 32107-01G SERT's

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone...someone PM'd me the text of a service bulletin.

working with a pretty good dealer(from Seattle) employee with an online presence..and I purchased the right CD from him...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts