V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a IOGear USB/Serial adapter, it works well, but I get "Lost PCM Sync" many times when trying to get data runs.
Have searched and have ordered a Belkin adapter, but wanted to know if anyone else had issues with this. Hope it's not my laptop.

Thanks
Brad

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
Can't answer your specific question, but I purchased a PCMCIA Serial card for my laptop off eBay for $20. So far it has worked like a champ and doesn't require the USB converter. Just an idea if you can't solve the problem.

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Best Buy here, Only WallyWorld.

Should have the Belkin adapter Monday so we'll see if that works, else I may go with the PCMCIA idea.

Thanks
Brad

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
RideMyWideGlide said:
No Best Buy here, Only WallyWorld.

Should have the Belkin adapter Monday so we'll see if that works, else I may go with the PCMCIA idea.

Thanks
Brad
Brad:

The Belkin F5U109 has worked flawlessly for me.

Highly Recommended!

:cheers:

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the one coming Monday. I hope it fixes the issue. I knew better than to buy IOGear, but it was all they had.

Thanks
Brad

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The usb thing really is stupid, Why in the world that hd has not stepped up to the plate and made it a usb is beyond me, I am suprised that they do not give you a floppy along with the cable. How many are tuning their bike on a non lap top ??? being that lap tops do not have the style port but have usb connections to the tune of 4-6 ???? But then again you are being charged for the new update disc, and so on. I went through a few of the convertors until I found one that worked without issue. :whatever:

Sorry ranting... a bit.... some things could be so simple, yet there are not,
I use a Siig cable. IF nay one cares at this point LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts