V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if HD buell of Vallejo, CA can tune a SERT ? Or if there is a good tuner around Fresno, CA area?

Thanks
Tim

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
I haven't used their dyno yet (but did buy my bike from them), but the Fremont, CA HD dealer has had some good reviews...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was told by Bachman's Custom Cycle in Woodland, that Vallejo HD was the best place to have your bike set up on a dyno. They send all their customers there.
I personally have not worked with them, so I don't know firsthand.

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like I need to just give them a call tomorrow and talk to them. :thumbsup:

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had my Heritage dyno tuned with my SERT at HD/Buell of Fresno. Not cheap at $225. But it runs good now. However, they would not save a copy of my RT map for me. They said that they don't save the maps anymore. They said they didn't want the maps available for anyone else to use. I was bummed, since I paid for the work and specifically asked them to save a copy of the map for me. I doubt that I will have them do a dyno tune for me again.

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard a few people talk about the Fresno HD shop, most of it was bad. Seems like there a real hassle to deal with. Visalia HD is alright, thats where I bought mine from, but they seem pretty shakey when it come to ordering stuff. Had to reorder the seat twice before they finally got the right one, but real nice people though. There service department I havent had them do anything major, oil changes and what nots. I guess I will talk to them more when I take it in to have them change out the fuel injectors.

Thanks
Tim

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
03FLSTCI_RIDER said:
I just had my Heritage dyno tuned with my SERT at HD/Buell of Fresno. Not cheap at $225. But it runs good now. However, they would not save a copy of my RT map for me. They said that they don't save the maps anymore. They said they didn't want the maps available for anyone else to use. I was bummed, since I paid for the work and specifically asked them to save a copy of the map for me. I doubt that I will have them do a dyno tune for me again.
That's bullshit! It's your map. You paid for it. And, I'll bet they have a copy of it so they can use it on another similar setup as a starting point. Maybe your starting map was one from someone else they pulled this crap with. Saves them time and allows them to charge for time they didn't really spend tuning, at least not this time.

I'd have no problem taking this into small claims and would spend the time to do it simply on principle.

I do custom software configs and when the build is done, it belongs to the customer. I cannot legally use it anywhere else, even if I do another similar config. Can't see where this is much different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts