V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the opinion of others I'm undecided on which one to go with any pros/cons would help.

Dave

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Go with the one your tuner is familiar with.
PC was described to me by my tuner as like a Nintendo, with the SERT being like an X-Box.
I've got the SERT and am more than happy, but the learning curve is steep.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I'm getting out of my conversation with him it seems like he has a lot more experence with the PCIIIr than with the SERT just want to make sure that the PCIII is just as good.

Dave

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The PC is a great tool but it cannot raise the rev limiter, it cannot do data log, and you cannot pull codes with it. But the PC can be mapped faster if they have tuning link, it can pull the map from the bike where SERT cannot. Many shops that tune sert do not give you a copy of the map so if you need a change later you have to start over, as all the sert can do is show you what base map is loaded.

I will not go into the warranty B.S. on the PCverse's the sert as that is another can of worms.

location can be a issue with a PC some bike have very little room for mounting it safely.

And what you have in your area and they can tune wellis the product I would go with.

·
Registered
139 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
The PC is a great tool but it cannot raise the rev limiter,
Are you sure?!

So, if you don't have any download done by the dealer you're still with the stock rev limiter when installing the PCIII?!

ciao...

F

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yep!...........can only change timing and mapping curves..........does not adjust rpm.

SERT lets you tune everything there is to tune on your bike.............but will take time to learn..............Springer has put up an excellent thread on the SERT which helped in my descision to go with this.

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts