V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a custom bike builder today that told me the first thing to do BEFORE ever doing any engine mods is to put a SERT on and get the thing dialed in with that. He said these motors have a great deal of potential 'out of the box' and I just might be happy with the stock motor "unlocked" with a SERT.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
If you're good at reading and interpreting the data logs you might be able to do a lot by the "seat of the pants" but I think a good session on a dyno with someone who knows how to use it would make all the difference in the world. But you'll still want that 95" kit. So do that, and get the SERT, and get it set up on a dyno. Then you'll be happy.
Until you decide you might like a 103"...

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
SERT won't get you a whole lot on a bone stock engine. Air cleaner and exhaust mods then a SERT or powercommander will get you an improvement that you will notice (dyno tuned)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have pipes and SEII air cleaner already. Using a DFO now, but he did mention that to get anything you gotta have those bases covered. After that he recommended doing the SERT first and seeing what I come up with. I still like the 95" idea and eventually will probably do that plus the SERT initially.

Most of this is money driven, and I know I'm going to at least have to do the SERT. He offered up that the Power Commander is good, but doesn't have the flexibility of the SERT.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haagdakta said:
SERT won't get you a whole lot on a bone stock engine. Air cleaner and exhaust mods then a SERT or powercommander will get you an improvement that you will notice (dyno tuned)
That's what he was saying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts