V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealer where my wife got my bike. Service guy said that they can no longer get the SERT along with SE mufflers. I believe it will not be much longer and you won't be able to get the SE air cleaners either.

The EPA is gunning for us. :lurker:

·
Registered
473 Posts
One of the many stealers in my area won't even install after market pipes or engine mods due to the $ 20,000.00 fine that is being talked about out here. This all took place at the beginning of March 2006.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rdking2005 said:
One of the many stealers in my area won't even install after market pipes or engine mods due to the $ 20,000.00 fine that is being talked about out here. This all took place at the beginning of March 2006.
My guess is that pretty soon in all 50 states they will be doing bike inspections. Not stock pipes. Fine of $1,000. Not a stock Air cleaner. Fine $500. Oh you have heads and cams. Fine $10,000.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I almost forgot. Change the tires from anything other than stock. FINE!!!!! Change the the gear ratio. FINE!!!!! Fart while your riding your bike. FINE!!!!! But we can chrome anything we want. :fart:

·
Registered
36 Posts
God am I in trouble. I bought my ride in Arizona so I wouldn't have the dreaded canalytic conv. Just put on True duals, and Wild Pigs with the Terry TV II. Should I carry a gun and become a real criminal ??? Maybe I should ride a Vespa....:roflback:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FXDRYDR said:
Bill,

Which dealer was this?
Biker Bobs in Taylor, MI

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
That stealer is stupid for not carrying the SERT anymore. You can still buy them all over the country. If you can't get it from there just order from another dealer. No big deal there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Strange! Just bought my Ultra 3 wks ago. Dealer ordered the exhausts, SE AC and the PC III. He just installed them Tuesday!!{salute(

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fatb0y said:
That stealer is stupid for not carrying the SERT anymore. You can still buy them all over the country. If you can't get it from there just order from another dealer. No big deal there.
Read the first post.

They can no longer get. (key phrase) As in Harley-Davidson will no long sell to dealers. :roflback:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Funny, but the Screamin' Eagle parts catalog is a lot harder to find on Harley's website now. There used to be a link under the "experience" header. It's still there but you need to dig for it.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
EPA hypocrasie

There isnt alot of substance to the rumers spreading around that EPA Soon will controll smog test and more smog iquipment on our bikes, and who cares>
I am part of an eliete group whom in history have established ourselves as an American Icon. We have the right to assemble ourselves in protest against the tyreny of mans laws, if they are found to be in favor of an aristricatic society, (Boston Tea Party) or unlawful in nature and in concequence for the good of all humanity. Does any one know how many motorcycles riders are in the USA?

Im just saying luck the rumors, luck EPA hypocrapsies, and bring on the chalange. Whatever may come we as Americans will not let stand injustices to invade the Freedoms we have established. THEY CAN TAKE AWAY MY BIKE WHEN THEY CAN PRY MY COLD DEAD FINGERS FROM MY GRIPS.

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
wkohn said:
Biker Bobs in Taylor, MI
Biker Bobs aka motown have always pretty much been assholes anyway they talked me into finding another dealer wouldnt even give me prices without commiting to buying a bike from them and there parts guys are really incompetent.....try American in Ann Arbor or Motorcity

:roflback:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Harley annonced months ago that they would stop selling SE Exhaust. I checked with a dealer in CA that assured me that the SERT was not being discontinued. When you dealer says that they can no longer get is it because of the motor co. or in house policy? Many dealers are choosing to stop selling or installing some products.
I would guess that the Harley aftermarket will respond like the Automotive Performance aftermarket did by offering EPA and CARB approved products. In most cases it is more formality that anything else. Fill out the paperwork, submit a short test, pay the fee, etc.
Don't assume the worst. John

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PowersportsMkt said:
Harley annonced months ago that they would stop selling SE Exhaust. I checked with a dealer in CA that assured me that the SERT was not being discontinued. When you dealer says that they can no longer get is it because of the motor co. or in house policy? Many dealers are choosing to stop selling or installing some products.
I would guess that the Harley aftermarket will respond like the Automotive Performance aftermarket did by offering EPA and CARB approved products. In most cases it is more formality that anything else. Fill out the paperwork, submit a short test, pay the fee, etc.
Don't assume the worst. John
I was just reporting what I was told by the dealer. They were not going to be able to get the SERT anymore because Harley wasn't going to be selling them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
wkohn said:
I was just reporting what I was told by the dealer. They were not going to be able to get the SERT anymore because Harley wasn't going to be selling them.
I cannot count the number of timews I have been given information by a member of the dealers staff that turned out to be totally incorrect. I had one parts guy tell me a few weeks ago that the entire Screaming Eagle line was being discontinued at the end of this month. As it turned out he was partially right, the SE exhaust parts will soon be history. But we already knew that. I have asked my dealer, SERT is in stock, with more on order and they have received NO notification that it is to be discontinued. Valium for everyone!.....Bill

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nauipro said:
I cannot count the number of timews I have been given information by a member of the dealers staff that turned out to be totally incorrect. I had one parts guy tell me a few weeks ago that the entire Screaming Eagle line was being discontinued at the end of this month. As it turned out he was partially right, the SE exhaust parts will soon be history. But we already knew that. I have asked my dealer, SERT is in stock, with more on order and they have received NO notification that it is to be discontinued. Valium for everyone!.....Bill
Ah let the bowing at the altar of Harley-Davidson begin.
:bowdwn: :bowdwn: :bowdwn: :bowdwn: :bowdwn:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nauipro said:
They'll take what they can get!.........Bill
Sad, isn't it.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts