V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

I've asked this on other forums, maybe someone here knows how...

'03 FLSTCI
95BB, 510G, SEAC, SEII, headwork, etc. ~100/100

I had a custom map done, but the dealer doesnt have the map. I'd like to fool around with the SERT, but would like to be able to get back where I was.

Is there a hack, or other non-standard way around this?

thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I have asked the same thing, and their isn't a way to read the current map in the ECM. You would have to have the programming program and the code, and H-D is the only one who has that. If you paid for a custom map, the dealer should give it to you. Tell them to FIND IT.

Thorns

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
With the Sert, you will be able to read the # of the base map they started with. Any tweeks made to that map will be a mystery. The next time you dyno, show up with one of those memory stick gadgets that plugs into the USB port and back it up that way. That will end their excuses for not giving you a copy of your map.
RB

·
05 FLHTCI
345 Posts
There is a way

There is no way to retrieve the map directly. But...

One way I have heard mentioned for retreiving a map from the ECU is to hook the SERT up in Data Mode, ride the bike through a good variation of RPMs and load and record the data. You may not get every cell, but you will probably be able to hit most of them. In the data mode you would have to play it frame by frame to get the TPS, MAP, etc. settings, then transfer them to a map of your own. You would of course start with the base map loaded in the ECU. I am not saying this is not a total pain in the butt, but if it is all you have then it can be pieced together. I have not done this myself, but read about it from someone on one of the forums. If it works, it works and if it does not then what do you have to loose?

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts